Exclusive: Chase & Status Headline Downing

The Tab can exclusively reveal that drum & bass duo Chase & Status will headline this year's Downing May Ball.

Chase And Status are set to headline Downing’s May Ball, The Tab can exclusively reveal.

The drum & bass duo, who played Cambridge’s Corn Exchange last term, are set to play top of the bill at Downing’s ‘Olympus’ themed May Ball on Tuesday 21st June.

The revelation came after the band accidentally posted the gig on their website, not realising it was meant to be secret. The listing was promptly taken down after Downing’s May Ball Committee complained, but it remained on Google’s Cache.

Google record the band’s gaffe

Dowing’s May Ball President Sophie Wawro said she could neither confirm nor deny the band were booked, but Chase & Status are understood to be in the final stages of negotiations with the college.

The London drum & bass group, whose hits include ‘End Credits’, ‘Blind Faith’ and ‘Let You Go’, have had 3 number ones on the UK Dance Chart and their latest album ‘No More Idols’ was certified Gold after the first week of sales.

On hearing the news ex-Tab columnist and Downing student Louise Ripley Duggan said: “Oh my god! That’s massive, how the fuck did they wrangle that one? Sophie Wawro is a genius!”

2nd year Downing Lawyer Namdi McEwen agreed saying: “That’s ridiculous! That’s awesome! They’re on Radio One’s Big Weekend aren’t they? So for us to get them that’s amazing. ‘Time’ which is on Radio One’s live lounge at the moment is probably my favourite track right now.”

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwD1vQ_Gw2A

Chase & Status’ hit ‘End Credits’, which reached No. 9 in the charts

Downing, who hold their Ball bi-annually, have a history of hiring top dance acts for their May Ball. Their last Ball in 2009 was headlined by Pendulum with support from Utah Saints.

READ: Jake Alden-Falconer’s interview with Chase & Status HERE.

• Maybe…

Killers playing St Johns?

• Vermin

Why do pirates get so angry when they don't go to the toilet? Because if they don't have a p they're irate!

That's Vermin's view.

• Terri

I drop a comment whenever I especially enjoy a post on a site or I
    have something to valuable to contribute to the conversation.
    Usually it’s caused by the passion communicated in the post I browsed. And after this post Exclusive: Chase & Status Headline Downing | The Tab Cambridge. I was actually excited enough to post a thought 😛 I do have a few questions for you if it’s okay.

Could it be simply me or does it seem like a few of these
    remarks look like left by brain dead visitors? 😛 And, if
    you are writing on additional social sites, I would like to follow anything fresh you have to post.
    Could you list every one of all your public pages like your twitter feed,
    Facebook page or linkedin profile?

Also visit my web-site; bancuri cu alinuta

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

Hull disaffiliates from the NUS

They join Newcastle and Lincoln who have also decided to disaffiliate.

With a track record this appalling, how can anyone trust the NUS to tackle anti-Semitism?

Cambridge has a duty to make a stand and sting campuses across the country into action, writes Jewish student Adam Crafton

The Phases of an All-Nighter

Summary: Work work work work work

, Cardiff Editor of The Tab

Facebook was right to remove an advert featuring plus-sized model Tess Holliday

Images of significantly overweight women are as damaging as size zero women

,        

What’s the ugliest accent in the UK?

There are so many unpleasant dialects to choose from

,        

57 per cent of graduates would vote to remain in the EU, says new poll

And 14 per cent support leaving

What not to say to someone with depression

No, they can’t just ‘snap out of it’