Exclusive: Chase & Status Headline Downing

The Tab can exclusively reveal that drum & bass duo Chase & Status will headline this year's Downing May Ball.

Chase And Status are set to headline Downing’s May Ball, The Tab can exclusively reveal.

The drum & bass duo, who played Cambridge’s Corn Exchange last term, are set to play top of the bill at Downing’s ‘Olympus’ themed May Ball on Tuesday 21st June.

The revelation came after the band accidentally posted the gig on their website, not realising it was meant to be secret. The listing was promptly taken down after Downing’s May Ball Committee complained, but it remained on Google’s Cache.

Google record the band’s gaffe

Dowing’s May Ball President Sophie Wawro said she could neither confirm nor deny the band were booked, but Chase & Status are understood to be in the final stages of negotiations with the college.

The London drum & bass group, whose hits include ‘End Credits’, ‘Blind Faith’ and ‘Let You Go’, have had 3 number ones on the UK Dance Chart and their latest album ‘No More Idols’ was certified Gold after the first week of sales.

On hearing the news ex-Tab columnist and Downing student Louise Ripley Duggan said: “Oh my god! That’s massive, how the fuck did they wrangle that one? Sophie Wawro is a genius!”

2nd year Downing Lawyer Namdi McEwen agreed saying: “That’s ridiculous! That’s awesome! They’re on Radio One’s Big Weekend aren’t they? So for us to get them that’s amazing. ‘Time’ which is on Radio One’s live lounge at the moment is probably my favourite track right now.”

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwD1vQ_Gw2A

Chase & Status’ hit ‘End Credits’, which reached No. 9 in the charts

Downing, who hold their Ball bi-annually, have a history of hiring top dance acts for their May Ball. Their last Ball in 2009 was headlined by Pendulum with support from Utah Saints.

READ: Jake Alden-Falconer’s interview with Chase & Status HERE.

• Maybe…

Killers playing St Johns?

• Vermin

Why do pirates get so angry when they don't go to the toilet? Because if they don't have a p they're irate!

That's Vermin's view.

• Terri

I drop a comment whenever I especially enjoy a post on a site or I
    have something to valuable to contribute to the conversation.
    Usually it’s caused by the passion communicated in the post I browsed. And after this post Exclusive: Chase & Status Headline Downing | The Tab Cambridge. I was actually excited enough to post a thought 😛 I do have a few questions for you if it’s okay.

Could it be simply me or does it seem like a few of these
    remarks look like left by brain dead visitors? 😛 And, if
    you are writing on additional social sites, I would like to follow anything fresh you have to post.
    Could you list every one of all your public pages like your twitter feed,
    Facebook page or linkedin profile?

Also visit my web-site; bancuri cu alinuta

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

Oxford votes YES to a disaffiliation referendum

OUSU decides to put NUS disaffiliation to a vote while the CUSU referendum decision will be made next week.

Which Pokémon is your college?

Find out if your college is the very best, like no one ever was…

“Friends with benefits” means nothing

The ‘friends’ part is unnecessary. The ‘benefits’ part is disappointing.

, Bristol Editor of The Tab

Capitalism is dying – and we’re all becoming socialists

51 per cent of millennials ‘do not support’ it

QUIZ: How vain are you?

Bet you think this quiz is about you

, Editor of The Tab London

Staggering results show three-quarters of students want to leave the NUS

According to a Tab poll of 6,500 people

, National Editor

There’s going to be an investigation into sexist advertising

Reaction to the Protein World ads highlighted a need for change

,        

We’ve found the best alternatives to Naked palettes

Who wants to pay £38.50 for eyeshadow?

and

What trainers should you be wearing?

Take our quiz to find out