Juan’s World: Birthday Special

For Juan's 21st birthday last week, he invited over 600 people to a three day bonanza. Welcome, once again, to Juan's World. Video included.

Juan Zober de Francisco is one of Cambridge’s best known figures.  He’s run student campaigns, come within a whisker of leading the Union and organised more parties than you can shake a stick at.  In fact, for his 21st birthday last week, he invited over 600 people to a three day bonanza.  Welcome to Juan’s World.

Here is his guide to throwing a party:

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQRCGGC4i-4

The Schedule:

TUESDAY 22nd
Day: Drinks reception for non-Cambridge guests.
Night: Join us for a pre-lash at KING’S BAR then JellyBabies @ CINDIES.
Expect: loud reunion hugs and louder music.

WEDNESDAY 23rd
Day: Join us for a pub brunch before some pirate punts vs kayaks on the Cam with some picnicking/lunching somewhere. Then a pub-crawl! Why not?
Night: Provost Sheppard’s Formal @ King’s (King’s only, I’m afraid), drinks at La Raza and then Fiesta @ FEZ.
Expect: tequila and tunes.

THURSDAY 24th
Day: To be determined (Grantchester trip?).
Night: 8-Track in King’s Bar (featuring the likes of Truly Medley Deeply and the Yapps). Possibility of an afterparty will be explored.

** END OF BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION SCHEDULE **

——————————————————————————–

Why three days?

Why not?

What does turning 21 mean to you?

Not that much, actually. Turning 18 was a bigger deal. Apparently 21 means I’m ‘really’ an adult now. Not entirely sure what that means yet, but I’m sure I’ll find out.

What makes a good party?

Fun people and a festive atmosphere I suppose.

Who was the guest of honour?

No specific individual; I was happy to see a couple of friends from home and my brother, as well as most of my close friends from college and around Cambridge. My dad will be here this weekend (I’m taking him to formal on his first night, should be fun!), and my mother will visit soon. Oh, and I met The Tab‘s Mark Liu for the first time, which was a treat.

Anyone else?

Two randomers deserve a mention. After getting kicked out of Cindies I spent about an hour chatting with this guy called Lee, who shared a beer with me and gave me advice on how not to become homeless. And I randomly went kayaking with someone called Greg, whose family come from Jersey and build boats.

Did it go as you hoped?

Yep. While I didn’t quite expect to get kicked out of Cindies (at least not that quickly), my only real regret is that because it was raining, we didn’t go pirate punting.

@TabCambridge
  • Juankstain

there can only be juan

thankfully – cos he's a cock

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

10 things I hate about Cambridge: The NUS — and it’s so much worse than you thought

Hear ye, hear ye! Here’s why we should be first in the queue to disaffiliate.

, Editor, The Tab Cambridge

Dear Cambridge: Don’t leave the NUS, it’s a magnificent institution

Remember everything it’s achieved

, Chief Reporter

There’s a petition for the Rhodes Must Fall leader to have his scholarship revoked

It already has more than 27,000 signatures

, National Editor

‘I tore up the rose she’d sent’: The secret stories from your most awkward break-ups

Confessions of relationships that went wrong

How much money do you owe your parents right now?

We asked people how in debt they are to the ‘Bank of Mum and Dad’

London now has a halls of residence for grown-ups

It’s exactly as awful as it sounds

Running has pulled me out of my anxiety and misery

I was a miserable wreck until I found my cure

, Exeter Editor of The Tab

There is a campaign to provide sanitary bins in male toilets for trans students

28,000 trans students need our support