Juan’s World: Birthday Special

By on

For Juan's 21st birthday last week, he invited over 600 people to a three day bonanza. Welcome, once again, to Juan's World. Video included.

Juan Zober de Francisco is one of Cambridge’s best known figures.  He’s run student campaigns, come within a whisker of leading the Union and organised more parties than you can shake a stick at.  In fact, for his 21st birthday last week, he invited over 600 people to a three day bonanza.  Welcome to Juan’s World.

Here is his guide to throwing a party:

The Schedule:

Day: Drinks reception for non-Cambridge guests.
Night: Join us for a pre-lash at KING’S BAR then JellyBabies @ CINDIES.
Expect: loud reunion hugs and louder music.

Day: Join us for a pub brunch before some pirate punts vs kayaks on the Cam with some picnicking/lunching somewhere. Then a pub-crawl! Why not?
Night: Provost Sheppard’s Formal @ King’s (King’s only, I’m afraid), drinks at La Raza and then Fiesta @ FEZ.
Expect: tequila and tunes.

Day: To be determined (Grantchester trip?).
Night: 8-Track in King’s Bar (featuring the likes of Truly Medley Deeply and the Yapps). Possibility of an afterparty will be explored.

Why three days?

Why not?

What does turning 21 mean to you?

Not that much, actually. Turning 18 was a bigger deal. Apparently 21 means I’m ‘really’ an adult now. Not entirely sure what that means yet, but I’m sure I’ll find out.

What makes a good party?

Fun people and a festive atmosphere I suppose.

Who was the guest of honour?

No specific individual; I was happy to see a couple of friends from home and my brother, as well as most of my close friends from college and around Cambridge. My dad will be here this weekend (I’m taking him to formal on his first night, should be fun!), and my mother will visit soon. Oh, and I met The Tab‘s Mark Liu for the first time, which was a treat.

Anyone else?

Two randomers deserve a mention. After getting kicked out of Cindies I spent about an hour chatting with this guy called Lee, who shared a beer with me and gave me advice on how not to become homeless. And I randomly went kayaking with someone called Greg, whose family come from Jersey and build boats.

Did it go as you hoped?

Yep. While I didn’t quite expect to get kicked out of Cindies (at least not that quickly), my only real regret is that because it was raining, we didn’t go pirate punting.

• Juankstain

there can only be juan

thankfully – cos he's a cock

• Whut?!?

Why does he get to complete his education and in the meantime walk free and able to do the same again? Disgusting. The University should have taken responsibility and halted his studies immediately.

• Honesty

And he’s a Muslim. Surprise surprise.

PS. I’m not a conservative, just observant that Islamic culture is for the most part backwards.

• bit of a tumbleweed moment there mate

• Correct

Doesn’t seem that way. It’s just the uncomfortable truth.

• You’re a bigot

Not Mulim at all! WTF: Racist assumptions!

• Andy Holcroft

How do you know he’s muslim?

Heard something newsworthy?

By on

Police crash Peterhouse JCR Christmas Party after drunk fresher smashes window

They asked people to come forward or they would personally inspect everyone

By on

Vote Now: Cambridge’s Best Bums 2015

All bums are equal, but some are more equal than others. Help us choose which ones.

By , Chief Reporter on

Confessions: What was your worst Tinder date?

‘He told me he had slept with my ex a few weeks earlier so it was literally a date from hell’

By , Contributing Editor on

What’s more important: Face or body?

Pretty face, average bod > average face, fit bod

By and on

What is the best all-girls school in the country?

‘Millie can I borrow a tampon?’

By , Contributing Editor on

All things considered, doing DofE Gold is quite weird

So many blisters

By on

London’s plubs are the best thing about UK nightlife right now

(It’s a pub and a club mixed together)

By , Contributing Editor on

We asked guys whether they prefer thongs or french knickers

The finer things in life