Celebs Film In Cambridge

Rachel Weisz and Bill Nighy were filming a spy thriller in Cambridge yesterday.

bill nighy Cambridge cambridge city football stadium Rachel Weisz thriller

Former Cambridge student and actress Rachel Weisz joined Bill Nighy in Cambridge yesterday, to film spy thriller ‘Page Eight’.

The film crew set up a base in Cambridge City’s football stadium on Milton Road, where members of the cast and crew spent most of the day. Filming came to a close at about 5pm.

One member of the crew told The Tab: “We’ve had a great day. We’ll be filming more in Jesus College around the 5th-7th February.”

The thriller, which is being directed by Cantab David Hare, stars Bill Nighy as an MI5 intelligence analyst who finds some alarming information on page eight of a mysterious file.

Weisz graduated from Cambridge with a 2.1 in English from Tit Hall

Sidney student Jonny Singer commented: “I can’t wait to see the film. Nighy is a legend of British cinema, and it’ll be nice to see him on screen in familiar surroundings. It would have been nice to see Weisz in person though, she’s pretty fit!

Second year Girtonian Liz Elder added: “It’s so nice to see Rachel Weisz back in Cambridge, and the film sounds really exciting. I can’t wait to see it!”

Nighy is set to appear at the Cambridge Union later this term along with a host of other celebs.

The thriller is set to appear on BBC2 later this year.