It’s The Final Countdown

Pembroke Fresher Jack Hurst is the bookies favourite to win the Countdown final this Friday.

Pembroke Fresher Jack Hurst is set to star in the Countdown final this Friday – and is the hot favourite to win the series.

The “best thing to come out of Desford” is tipped to win either a 20-volume gold-leafed edition of the Oxford English Dictionary or the runner-up prize of £1,000 cash.

Brainy mathmo Jack breezed through to the last rounds of the daytime TV quiz show after racking up the most points in the show’s 28 year history.

The modest ‘octochamp‘ exclusively told The Tab in October that winning the grand final “all depends on whether I can pull out my A-game.

“I was confident I’d win a couple of shows, but I wasn’t expecting to do as well as I did!” he confessed.

Jack’s performance hit the headlines around the world after he notched up a huge 948 points over eight appearances.

As well as battling his Countdown opponents, Jack also also faced censorship from Channel 4 after his word “shitface” was deemed “unsuitable” for teatime audiences. He instead managed to pick up the points with the word “hardiest” after presenter Rachel Riley discreetly swapped the ‘C’ for an ’R’.

With less than 48 hours to go, the final countdown is on – good luck Jack!

Heard something newsworthy?

,        

Cambridge BNOCs give advice for RAG Blind Dates

Take it or leave it, you’re only soothing their egos

Pipe down humanities, you don’t know suffering

You need to stay quiet when we’re whining

and

The mafia is opening its ranks: FEATURES EDITOR

The Tab is giving out free CV points.

North London is the best

Stop saying it’s frumpy

, Contributing Editor

Every single person you will ever sleep with

Literally all of them, we’re not even joking

, Chief Reporter

Football teams are now signing people who are really good at Fifa

Can you do it on a cold night in Stoke though?

, Chief Reporter

George Galloway: ‘I don’t regret pretending to be a cat on Celebrity Big Brother’

This man wants you to vote for him to be Mayor of London

, Chief Reporter

The king is dead: Spencer Matthews has quit Made in Chelsea

Spenny has followed Caggie into the sunset