It’s The Final Countdown

Pembroke Fresher Jack Hurst is the bookies favourite to win the Countdown final this Friday.

Pembroke Fresher Jack Hurst is set to star in the Countdown final this Friday – and is the hot favourite to win the series.

The “best thing to come out of Desford” is tipped to win either a 20-volume gold-leafed edition of the Oxford English Dictionary or the runner-up prize of £1,000 cash.

Brainy mathmo Jack breezed through to the last rounds of the daytime TV quiz show after racking up the most points in the show’s 28 year history.

The modest ‘octochamp‘ exclusively told The Tab in October that winning the grand final “all depends on whether I can pull out my A-game.

“I was confident I’d win a couple of shows, but I wasn’t expecting to do as well as I did!” he confessed.

Jack’s performance hit the headlines around the world after he notched up a huge 948 points over eight appearances.

As well as battling his Countdown opponents, Jack also also faced censorship from Channel 4 after his word “shitface” was deemed “unsuitable” for teatime audiences. He instead managed to pick up the points with the word “hardiest” after presenter Rachel Riley discreetly swapped the ‘C’ for an ’R’.

With less than 48 hours to go, the final countdown is on – good luck Jack!

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

and

EXCLUSIVE: VP Richard Brooks confirms NUS defintion of anti-Semitism

Brooks said the NUS take claims of anti-Semitism “incredibly seriously” but didn’t comment directly on the reaction to Malia Bouattia.

NICK CLEGG “Politics is a messy business, your ideals clash with reality”

Nick, we’re paying for the consequences of that clash. Literally.

, Head of Marketing

I’d rather hang out with my parents than go clubbing

Most of my friends would, too

, Durham Editor of The Tab

Rhodes Must Fall founder makes waitress cry ‘typical white tears’

He wrote ‘WE WILL GIVE TIP WHEN YOU RETURN THE LAND’

,        

How to check your boobs: A guide

It’s so easy

Aussie street style: Melbourne

Could you be any more laidback

We asked our mums if they hate having us back at home after university

A new study has found live-at-home adults are a £1.2 billion drain on their parents