How Independent Are You?

How far do you conform to the student stereotype? And how desperately do you need your mummy? Take our quiz here.

As proud students we’re supposed to be happy to live off Pot Noodles, grow mould in our microwaves and never take off our jammies. As proud Cambridge residents we’re supposed to live off Proust, grow mould in our beards and never take off our gowns.

How far do you conform to the student stereotype? How likely are you to die surrounded by your own filth as soon as you leave the Cambridge bubble? And how desperately do you need your mummy?

Haul yourself out of your squalor, put your cup-a-soup to one side and find out here:

Take our Quiz

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

So long as anti-Semitism is dismissed, Cambridge cannot endorse the NUS

It’s not right that the voices of thousands of Jewish students across the country are playing second fiddle.

Do we really hate each other?

Are the haters really gonna hate hate hate?

The Cambridge Easter Term Bucket List

Finding the fun in the joyless.

, National Editor

A new study undermines one of Jeremy Hunt’s big arguments for changing junior doctor contracts

‘Extending services is not going to save any more lives’

I went to an outdoor gym and it made me feel like a caveman

You haven’t felt manly till you’ve flipped a truck tyre in Shoreditch

Justin Timberlake has just released the obligatory ‘song of the summer’

You’re going to really hate this in a few months

Oxford University will not expel Rhodes Must Fall founder

42,000 people called for his bursary to be revoked

, Assistant Editor

All the things you learn about life from your bang average comprehensive

Lunchtime detentions were a rite of passage

, Assistant Editor

Snapchatting your trip to the polling station is silly, self-absorbed and insignificant

It’s a day about something bigger, and you somehow managed to make it about yourself