Caius Cook Up Some Trouble

Anger boils over as Caius ban hobs from their student accommodation.

Ever come home after a night out and have a strange craving for beans on toast? Sometimes can’t be bothered to be social in hall and just want to retire for the night with pasta and iPlayer?

Hope you aren’t at Caius then, as the college have disconnected the last remaining hobs in their student kitchens.

The unexpected move is the latest in a long run of bizarre Caian food rules, such as forcing the undergrads to buy forty hall tickets at the beginning of each term and cancelling their boozy dinners.

The decision has been met with outrage from students, particularly as Caius food is notorious for its dubious, some claim overpriced, delights: anyone who has sampled a Caius ‘taco’ will, apparently, understand.

The undergraduates are fuming, one student told The Tab: “it’s difficult enough to keep within my budget when I can plan what food I’m going to cook, but now it’s impossible. I chose my accommodation because it was somewhere that I could cater for myself.

“Forcing us into hall every night might be good for the college’s bank account but it certainly isn’t helping my overdraft.”

The college are taking a hard line, with the Senior Tutor Dr Holburn blaming the college’s Student Union for misleading students into thinking that they were competent enough to cook without burning anything.

Students are beginning to fight back: becoming creative with microwaves (which apparently can be used to make cakes), and George Foreman grills, which cook pizza nicely.

A third year student, who probably should know better, told The Tab that his attempt to use a candle to heat up soup “went fairly disastrously”.

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

, Cambridge Editor

BREAKING: CUSU passes motion for NUS referendum

FINALLY we have an answer.

How to attend a supervision without doing any of the work

Hungover? Tired? Just plain lazy? We got you.

Caesarian Sunday-ers of the week

Like Clubbers of the week, but messier. Oh so messier.

, Chief Reporter

There’s a petition for the Rhodes Must Fall leader to have his scholarship revoked

It already has more than 27,000 signatures

, National Editor

‘I tore up the rose she’d sent’: The secret stories from your most awkward break-ups

Confessions of relationships that went wrong

How much money do you owe your parents right now?

We asked people how in debt they are to the ‘Bank of Mum and Dad’

London now has a halls of residence for grown-ups

It’s exactly as awful as it sounds

Running has pulled me out of my anxiety and misery

I was a miserable wreck until I found my cure

, Exeter Editor of The Tab

There is a campaign to provide sanitary bins in male toilets for trans students

28,000 trans students need our support