Milo Yiannopoulos: Drama Queen

By on

Our resident Drama Queen's guide to what's on in Week 2.

After an epic bender last weekend and a crazy night in Fez on Wednesday, piled onto the accumulated stress of impending essay deadlines, you lot are lucky to be hearing from me this week. Having said that, though I'd love to claim Shakespeare is my only priority at the moment, the truth is I can't wait to see half the stuff on this list. Who needs sleep anyway?

Wolfsonians, whose June Event this year is called The Crystal Maze, should note the return to Cambridge of Richard O'Brien's Rocky Horror Show. Dammit, Janet, I love you…

Rocky Horror Show, Monday 3rd May – Saturday 8th May at the Corn Exchange. £18-32.50.

Yay! It came to Cambridge! I'll probably spend the weekend thinking up ways to blag my way in to this one and dusting off my leather trousers.

Hitchcock Blonde, Tuesday 4th – Saturday 8th May, 7.45pm at the ADC. £6-9.

A cryptic teaser introduces this hotly anticipated play: "Hitchcock Blonde is not a play about Alfred Hitchcock. He may however make a cameo appearance. The Blonde will remain anonymous; which is a clue."

Footlights Smoker, Tuesday 4th April at the ADC. £5-6

Needs no introduction. After my conversion to Footlights last week, I can only recommend it.

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, Wednesday 5th May at the Mumford Theatre. £10-12.

"A welcome return by Black Ram with a production spanning the spectrum of theatrical genres and visual techniques, utilising dance, puppetry, live music, interactive media projections and beautiful set pieces." Stoppard's much-loved play about the flip side of Hamlet gets a fresh outing.

The Story of a Great Lady, Wednesday 5th – Saturday 8th May at the ADC. £4-6.

In exam term, it's easy to forget about the more important things in life, like love and laughter. So try this "richly entertaining exploration of most of the strengths and just a few of the weaknesses of the female sex" (The Stage).

Red Shoes, Wednesday 5th – Friday 7th May at Homerton Auditiorium. Free.

There's no place like Homerton this week to see an adventurous adaptation of Hans Christian Anderson's disturbing tale of a girl who dances herself to death because of her magical red shoes. Reminds me of that musical episode of Buffy.

For My Girlfriend, presented by Cambridge Regional College, Thursday 6th May at the Junction. £3.

Community theatre about a car crash? I think I might discover an urgent essay deadline that night.

Siren Song, Friday 7th – Sunday 9th May (except 8th) at Great St. Mary's.

A modern opera that promises to "transport you back to 1994." Which is helpful if you're missing primary school, I suppose.

Dolce Via, Friday 7th May at the Mumford Theatre. £8-10.

"Be amazed, ladies and gentlemen, as two Vaudevillians enter the Burlesque in the most turbulent show of their lives." If that means nothing to you, don't bother. If, on the other hand, you're a fan of Fellini and Charlie Chaplin, this one's for you.

Jesterlarf Comedy Club, Friday 7th May at The Junction. £12. 

Monthly comedy night, which we thought last time might be worth checking out.  

• Theo

• shanesa

your ugly and dumb theo

• Theo

Your mean

• shanesa

• shanesa

ugly and disgusting

Heard something newsworthy?

By on

Vote Now: Cambridge’s Best Bums 2015

All bums are equal, but some are more equal than others. Help us choose which ones.

By on

Why do girls love calling each other sluts?

The week 8 ADC late show Girls Like That follows a group of girls and explores the toxic, social-media dominated world we grow up in.

By on

Oxford captain RULED OUT for Varsity match happening in 11 DAYS

With very little time to go, Cambridge gets a massive boost

By , Contributing Editor on

All things considered, doing DofE Gold is quite weird

So many blisters

By on

London’s plubs are the best thing about UK nightlife right now

(It’s a pub and a club mixed together)

By , Contributing Editor on

We asked guys whether they prefer thongs or french knickers

The finer things in life

By , Chief Reporter on

Your gluten free diet is killing the wheat industry

Bread just makes me bloat

By , Chief Reporter on

How to get into a Boiler Room DJ set

There are a few options

By , Head of Marketing on

There’s just something about girls who DJ

They exude coolness