Rimmel Rejection for Lily

King’s student Lily Cole is “unlikely to have her Rimmel contract renewed” according to an insider.

King's Lily Cole rimmel

“Rimmel wants to appeal to US audiences and are planning to launch new faces soon”, said the source.

American actress Zooey Deschanel and Solange Knowles, sister to Beyonce, Georgia May Jagger and Coca Rocha are in line to replace the Cambridge beauty in the brand’s summer ad campaign.

Lily has represented the make-up company since 2008 alongside a number of other famous faces, including Kate Moss.

The news comes as the second year History of Art student revealed in January that she is looking to move away from modelling in future so she can dedicate more time to her acting career.

One King’s undergrad, who wished to remain anonymous, told The Tab of rumours that “Lily is looking to concentrate more on her studies. She might have got a first last year, but the pressure is now really piling on for her.”

A spokesman from Rimmel refused to comment.