Lizo Mzimba: An Apology

The Tab would like to apologise to BBC Correspondent and former Newsround presenter Lizo Mzimba for making a considerable number of false and damaging allegations about Lizo's professional and personal behaviour, in a series of articles published in October 2009.

The Tab now acknowledges that Lizo did not visit Cambridge to research a documentary aimed at exposing and embarrassing Cambridge students, and further acknowledges that he has never worked on a documentary of any kind about Cambridge or the University.

We fully accept that he was not 'seen draping himself over a number of girls'; it was untrue to label him as a 'sleaze' and a 'perve'; and we were wrong to accuse him of loitering around ladies' toilets to support false allegations that his behaviour while in Cambridge was debauched.

The Tab also acknowledges that Lizo was not gaffer-taped to a wall in Emmanuel College; he was not forced to lock himself in a toilet following a confrontation with students; and he was not 'bug-eyed and sweaty' as a result of a night of heavy drinking.

The Tab apologised unreservedly to Lizo for the articles and the distress and embarrassment they have caused.

@TabCambridge
Get the best of The Tab on our app.

, Editor, The Tab Cambridge

Dear Cambridge: Don’t leave the NUS, it’s a magnificent institution

Remember everything it’s achieved

, Cambridge Editor

BREAKING: CUSU passes motion for NUS referendum

FINALLY we have an answer.

, Chief Reporter

There’s a petition for the Rhodes Must Fall leader to have his scholarship revoked

It already has more than 27,000 signatures

, National Editor

‘I tore up the rose she’d sent’: The secret stories from your most awkward break-ups

Confessions of relationships that went wrong

How much money do you owe your parents right now?

We asked people how in debt they are to the ‘Bank of Mum and Dad’

London now has a halls of residence for grown-ups

It’s exactly as awful as it sounds

Running has pulled me out of my anxiety and misery

I was a miserable wreck until I found my cure

, Exeter Editor of The Tab

There is a campaign to provide sanitary bins in male toilets for trans students

28,000 trans students need our support