Lizo Mzimba: An Apology

By on

The Tab would like to apologise to BBC Correspondent and former Newsround presenter Lizo Mzimba for making a considerable number of false and damaging allegations about Lizo's professional and personal behaviour, in a series of articles published in October 2009.

The Tab now acknowledges that Lizo did not visit Cambridge to research a documentary aimed at exposing and embarrassing Cambridge students, and further acknowledges that he has never worked on a documentary of any kind about Cambridge or the University.

We fully accept that he was not 'seen draping himself over a number of girls'; it was untrue to label him as a 'sleaze' and a 'perve'; and we were wrong to accuse him of loitering around ladies' toilets to support false allegations that his behaviour while in Cambridge was debauched.

The Tab also acknowledges that Lizo was not gaffer-taped to a wall in Emmanuel College; he was not forced to lock himself in a toilet following a confrontation with students; and he was not 'bug-eyed and sweaty' as a result of a night of heavy drinking.

The Tab apologised unreservedly to Lizo for the articles and the distress and embarrassment they have caused.

Heard something newsworthy?

By on

The Union Presidential Elections: The Tab interviews Sachin and Charlotte

We asked the Union presidential candidates why you should vote for them

By on

Finn McRedmond Week 7: Stop being a tragedy hipster

Morality isn’t about being cool

By on

Review: Be Waffle

ANNA WHITE has a wonderful break at Be Waffle

By , Contributing Editor on

When did Instagram become an excuse to look at soft porn

Answer: as soon as you downloaded it

By , Chief Reporter on

We be burnin’: Meet the golden boys who tan

Lads trip to the sunbeds anyone?

By , Features Editor on

How to come out to your parents

‘My mum hung up on me when I told her I was gay and didn’t call back for 45 minutes’

By , Features Editor on

What club photographers really think of you

A lot of editing goes into that squad Facebook photo

By , Contributing Editor on

What’s the meanest thing anyone’s ever done to you?

Everything is funny when it happens to someone else