May Balls Up

Confusion has struck the planning of many May Balls, with a number of colleges choosing identical themes.

The announcement of Christ’s Parisian-themed ‘L’Espirit Nouveau’ caused panic amongst the Robinson May Ball committee, who are believed to have chosen an identical theme.

According to an inside source, they are considering changing it before the launch party on Friday.

And they are not the only colleges to come unstuck this week.

It has emerged that both Jesus and Newnham have chosen ‘Circus’ for their May Week events.

Homerton were also planning a big top extravaganza, before switching their June Event to ‘Carnival’ at the last minute, allegedly after pressure from Jesus.

“It’s pretty annoying”, said Justin Wolf, Homerton Ents Officer.

“The posters were at the printers, and we had to scrap a number of design ideas.

I’m sure Jesus stole our theme, but we’re confident that Carnival will still be one of the best events in May Week.”

Homerton have also taken the unprecedented step of hosting an event on Thursday, to avoid clashes with St. Catz, King’s, Pembroke, Sidney Sussex and Tit Hall.

Of the other themes that have been announced, perhaps the best is St. Catz’s ‘Make Believe’.

Emmanuel have settled for ‘Hollywood’, after last year’s ‘Empire’ provoked accusations of racism.

A satirical Facebook group, ‘Emma against Hollywood’, so far only has 38 members.

Heard something newsworthy?

Why being injured playing rugby taught me to explore more extracurriculars

Cambridge is probably the only time in our lives we’ll have even the most daunting extracurriculars subsidised and on our doorstep

TOP TEN REVEALED: The Biggest Names in Cambridge, as chosen by YOU

This year’s winner – a self-described “terrible person” – is a SHOCKER.

Emma Watson’s feminist book club: empowering or elitist?

The Tab Lifestyle Long Read: Feminism is for everyone, but this book club isn’t and it’s time to stop pretending otherwise.

and

The people of Whole Foods

Where else can you buy Fiji water, Medjool dates and stuff to put in the NutriBullet?

, Chief Reporter

2016 is the year to finally accept vegetarians

What’s your beef with us?

Beyonce has a new video

It’s set in New Orleans and stars baby Blue Ivy

Is the Mighty Boosh coming back?

Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt are writing again

Turns out Dulwich might be in Scotland

Google’s had a shocker

Tim Peake’s supporting the England rugby team from space

He says Murrayfield is a ‘more hostile environment’ than where he is