Football round-up

Emma pull off shock win against Fitz and Johns thrash Pembroke

Every week The Tab brings you all the results and the table from college football’s top-flight.

This week Emma shock high-fliers Fitz, Johns dismantle Pembroke, Trinity follow up last week’s win by beating Catz and Downing dominate Girton.

Emma 3-1 Fitz

Emma pulled off the shock of the season as they beat Fitz. Emma went a goal down after a poor start but quickly got on top of the game and ran out comfortable winners in the end.

Emma showed that the competition in the top division is very tight this season with a lot of teams of similar standard.

Emma captain Tom Rodriguez-Perez commented after the matchonce we got it together we hammered them, and I don’t think they really had a chance second half.’

But he refused to attribute the win to a poor Fitz performance going on to say ‘I think we were fantastic’. He also drew attention to striker James Douglas, who now has 5 goals in the league and 8 in all competitions. Someone for other teams to be wary of.

Trinity 2-0 Catz

Trinity easily beat Catz who are now rooted to the bottom of the division and still without a win. Trinity meanwhile are now firmly in second place after Girton’s loss to Downing.

Things are really not looking good for Catz who are now the only team without a win in the top flight. If they had a manager he’d probably have been sacked by now.

Johns 6-2 Pembroke

Johns’ season is now back on track after this comprehensive first victory of the season. Pembroke were looking good after last weekend’s thrashing of Catz by the same scoreline but they will have to recover from this heavy loss to stand any chance of staying up this season.

Downing 2-1 Girton

Downing produced a gritty display to see off title rivals Girton. Downing went 2-0 up courtesy of goals from Sam Isaacs and Tom Nutt before Girton got a goal back.

Downing were forced to play with ten men following an injury but held on to run out winners.

[standings league_id=3 mode=extend] 
Heard something newsworthy?

Why being injured playing rugby taught me to explore more extracurriculars

Cambridge is probably the only time in our lives we’ll have even the most daunting extracurriculars subsidised and on our doorstep

TOP TEN REVEALED: The Biggest Names in Cambridge, as chosen by YOU

This year’s winner – a self-described “terrible person” – is a SHOCKER.

Emma Watson’s feminist book club: empowering or elitist?

The Tab Lifestyle Long Read: Feminism is for everyone, but this book club isn’t and it’s time to stop pretending otherwise.

Valentine’s with your BFF is much better

People are calling it Galentine’s

, Chief Reporter

How to blag your way through the Super Bowl, according to a proper American

‘The thing about Denver Broncos is they always try and walk it in’

, Features Editor

What’s the best month to have your birthday?

It’s your princess day

and

The people of Whole Foods

Where else can you buy Fiji water, Medjool dates and stuff to put in the NutriBullet?

, Chief Reporter

2016 is the year to finally accept vegetarians

What’s your beef with us?

Beyonce has a new video

It’s set in New Orleans and stars baby Blue Ivy