Football round-up

By on

Emma pull off shock win against Fitz and Johns thrash Pembroke

Every week The Tab brings you all the results and the table from college football’s top-flight.

This week Emma shock high-fliers Fitz, Johns dismantle Pembroke, Trinity follow up last week’s win by beating Catz and Downing dominate Girton.

Emma 3-1 Fitz

Emma pulled off the shock of the season as they beat Fitz. Emma went a goal down after a poor start but quickly got on top of the game and ran out comfortable winners in the end.

Emma showed that the competition in the top division is very tight this season with a lot of teams of similar standard.

Emma captain Tom Rodriguez-Perez commented after the matchonce we got it together we hammered them, and I don’t think they really had a chance second half.’

But he refused to attribute the win to a poor Fitz performance going on to say ‘I think we were fantastic’. He also drew attention to striker James Douglas, who now has 5 goals in the league and 8 in all competitions. Someone for other teams to be wary of.

Trinity 2-0 Catz

Trinity easily beat Catz who are now rooted to the bottom of the division and still without a win. Trinity meanwhile are now firmly in second place after Girton’s loss to Downing.

Things are really not looking good for Catz who are now the only team without a win in the top flight. If they had a manager he’d probably have been sacked by now.

Johns 6-2 Pembroke

Johns’ season is now back on track after this comprehensive first victory of the season. Pembroke were looking good after last weekend’s thrashing of Catz by the same scoreline but they will have to recover from this heavy loss to stand any chance of staying up this season.

Downing 2-1 Girton

Downing produced a gritty display to see off title rivals Girton. Downing went 2-0 up courtesy of goals from Sam Isaacs and Tom Nutt before Girton got a goal back.

Downing were forced to play with ten men following an injury but held on to run out winners.

[standings league_id=3 mode=extend] 
  • Kevin McGlynn

Go Emma!

• ann mosley

Ha-ha, every bit of this article is perfect, I love it! Thought I must admit that the facts you wrote are actually correct, even if it’s somewhat sad. My own biggest problem is that there are only 24 hours in one day. Sometimes it is nearly impossible to keep up with everything they want us to do in college. Like I hardly capable of writing a dissertation literature review and attending a party the same day. And they told me college life is so much fun.
    Anyway thanks again, you really brought up my mood, cheers!

Heard something newsworthy?

By and on

The mafia is opening its ranks

The Tab is giving out free CV points.

By , Editor, The Tab Cambridge on

Queens’ JCR President announces Bops return with a YouTube Christmas poem

College authorities succumb to the people’s demand for glorified, semi-ironic organised fun

By ,         on

Tab writers: Where are they now?

They were the ones who insisted they’d stop writing when you stopped reading

By , Chief Reporter on

The one that got away: An interview with Caggie Dunlop

She doesn’t even watch Made in Chelsea any more

By , Contributing Editor on

Buying drugs used to be dangerous and sexy, now it’s for nerds

If you buy with bitcoin you’re a neek

By , Chief Reporter on

How to get into a Boiler Room DJ set

There are a few options

By ,         on

How to have sex at a house party

‘Have you seen the rest of the flat? I’ll give you a tour’

By , Head of Marketing on

There’s just something about girls who DJ

They exude coolness

By , Argument Editor on

If quoting a film gets them kicked out of uni, it’s no wonder medics aren’t fun

A Leicester medic channelled Liam Neeson and paid a heavy price