Football round-up

Emma pull off shock win against Fitz and Johns thrash Pembroke

Every week The Tab brings you all the results and the table from college football’s top-flight.

This week Emma shock high-fliers Fitz, Johns dismantle Pembroke, Trinity follow up last week’s win by beating Catz and Downing dominate Girton.

Emma 3-1 Fitz

Emma pulled off the shock of the season as they beat Fitz. Emma went a goal down after a poor start but quickly got on top of the game and ran out comfortable winners in the end.

Emma showed that the competition in the top division is very tight this season with a lot of teams of similar standard.

Emma captain Tom Rodriguez-Perez commented after the matchonce we got it together we hammered them, and I don’t think they really had a chance second half.’

But he refused to attribute the win to a poor Fitz performance going on to say ‘I think we were fantastic’. He also drew attention to striker James Douglas, who now has 5 goals in the league and 8 in all competitions. Someone for other teams to be wary of.

Trinity 2-0 Catz

Trinity easily beat Catz who are now rooted to the bottom of the division and still without a win. Trinity meanwhile are now firmly in second place after Girton’s loss to Downing.

Things are really not looking good for Catz who are now the only team without a win in the top flight. If they had a manager he’d probably have been sacked by now.

Johns 6-2 Pembroke

Johns’ season is now back on track after this comprehensive first victory of the season. Pembroke were looking good after last weekend’s thrashing of Catz by the same scoreline but they will have to recover from this heavy loss to stand any chance of staying up this season.

Downing 2-1 Girton

Downing produced a gritty display to see off title rivals Girton. Downing went 2-0 up courtesy of goals from Sam Isaacs and Tom Nutt before Girton got a goal back.

Downing were forced to play with ten men following an injury but held on to run out winners.

[standings league_id=3 mode=extend] 
Get the best of The Tab on our app.

BREAKING: Record breaking turnout for NUS Referendum so far

CUSU Coordinator confirms that DSO referendum turnout exceeded after just one day of voting

The NUS can’t be reformed from within

Do you hate anti-Semitism so much that you want to stay in the NUS and fight against it?

You’re at Cambridge, you know change is slow: Why we must stay affiliated to NUS

I am urging Cambridge students to vote NO to disaffiliation, not because the NUS is perfect, but precisely because it’s not.

Can you guess the price of these Waitrose ‘Essentials’?

You paid how much for Ardennes Pâté?

, Argument Editor

Forget London, I’m moving to Bath

It’s better in every single way

,        

The definitive list of all the most annoying people in the world

This is really, really long

,        

The world’s biggest bouncy castle is going to be at Bestival

Yeah, you’ll probably fall off