Week 4 Football Round-Up

Downing and Girton are joint top of the first division having won all three of their matches. Get all the RESULTS and the LEAGUE TABLE here.

Every week, The Tab brings you a round-up of all the games in top-flight college football. Here’s the results and tables from Division 1.

Downing 2-0 Emmanuel

Downing retained their position at the top of the league as they won their third match on the bounce, beating Emma 2-0. After a scrappy and goalless first half Downing slowly took control after the restart. Captain Tom Marsh scored from the penalty spot before Sam Isaacs scored a brilliant individual goal – just rewards for his selfless team play throughout the match. Downing are still on course to defend the league title they won last year and are yet to drop a point.

Girton 2-1 St. John’s

Girton are currently lying second only on goal difference as they beat John’s 2-1. Girton are looking very strong this season having won all three of their matches. Meanwhile, Johns slipped to their third consecutive defeat, though the score was far better than the 6-1 drubbing they suffered last week at the hands of Fitz. Nevertheless, they should still be very worried as they have conceded twelve goals in the first three weekends.

Fitzwilliam 1-0 Christ’s

Fitz are the only other team yet to drop points, as they beat Christs by a single goal. Fitz had their first week’s match against St. Catz postponed or otherwise could very well be up at the top of the table with Girton and Downing. They are currently looking very good for the rest of the season.

Trinity 3-0 Pembroke

The only other result this week saw Trinity beat Pembroke 3-0 and move up to fifth in the table on six points. Pembroke are now one of three teams still looking for their first points of the season. The Jesus-Catz match was postponed until next weekend as both teams have byes in the first round of cuppers.

[standings league_id=3 mode=extend]

Heard something newsworthy?

Why being injured playing rugby taught me to explore more extracurriculars

Cambridge is probably the only time in our lives we’ll have even the most daunting extracurriculars subsidised and on our doorstep

TOP TEN REVEALED: The Biggest Names in Cambridge, as chosen by YOU

This year’s winner – a self-described “terrible person” – is a SHOCKER.

Emma Watson’s feminist book club: empowering or elitist?

The Tab Lifestyle Long Read: Feminism is for everyone, but this book club isn’t and it’s time to stop pretending otherwise.

Beyonce has a new video

It’s set in New Orleans and stars baby Blue Ivy

Is the Mighty Boosh coming back?

Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt are writing again

Turns out Dulwich might be in Scotland

Google’s had a shocker

Tim Peake’s supporting the England rugby team from space

He says Murrayfield is a ‘more hostile environment’ than where he is

#RIPTwitter

The site is changing your timeline and people are livid

, Contributing Editor

Don’t use the Six Nations as an excuse to slag off Plastic Celts

We can’t help who we are