Week 4 Football Round-Up

By on

Downing and Girton are joint top of the first division having won all three of their matches. Get all the RESULTS and the LEAGUE TABLE here.

Every week, The Tab brings you a round-up of all the games in top-flight college football. Here’s the results and tables from Division 1.

Downing 2-0 Emmanuel

Downing retained their position at the top of the league as they won their third match on the bounce, beating Emma 2-0. After a scrappy and goalless first half Downing slowly took control after the restart. Captain Tom Marsh scored from the penalty spot before Sam Isaacs scored a brilliant individual goal – just rewards for his selfless team play throughout the match. Downing are still on course to defend the league title they won last year and are yet to drop a point.

Girton 2-1 St. John’s

Girton are currently lying second only on goal difference as they beat John’s 2-1. Girton are looking very strong this season having won all three of their matches. Meanwhile, Johns slipped to their third consecutive defeat, though the score was far better than the 6-1 drubbing they suffered last week at the hands of Fitz. Nevertheless, they should still be very worried as they have conceded twelve goals in the first three weekends.

Fitzwilliam 1-0 Christ’s

Fitz are the only other team yet to drop points, as they beat Christs by a single goal. Fitz had their first week’s match against St. Catz postponed or otherwise could very well be up at the top of the table with Girton and Downing. They are currently looking very good for the rest of the season.

Trinity 3-0 Pembroke

The only other result this week saw Trinity beat Pembroke 3-0 and move up to fifth in the table on six points. Pembroke are now one of three teams still looking for their first points of the season. The Jesus-Catz match was postponed until next weekend as both teams have byes in the first round of cuppers.

[standings league_id=3 mode=extend]

• ellie lyons

|ts christ's and fitz, why would anyone give a fuck. waste of space colleges

• Labeauteestdanslarue

ellie mate, your eloquence and reasoning are to be applauded. x

• Sam

Speaking of legal trouble, did you get permission to take that photo? Did you offer any of the people mentioned in the article the right of reply?

Or are you a complete hack?

• Labeauteestdanslarue

Get it right boys. Fitz beat Christ's 2-1, not 1-0. I'm surprised the reporter got that wrong afer such obviously extensive research for the rest of the article.

Heard something newsworthy?

By on

Vote Now: Cambridge’s Best Bums 2015

All bums are equal, but some are more equal than others. Help us choose which ones.

By on

Oxford captain RULED OUT for Varsity match happening in 11 DAYS

With very little time to go, Cambridge gets a massive boost

By , Deputy Editor, The Tab Cambridge on

EXLCUSIVE PICS: James Bond Director Sam Mendes in town for Peterhouse Freshers’ Play

He returned to his old stomping ground of Peterhouse and helped out with the Freshers’ Play

By , Contributing Editor on

All things considered, doing DofE Gold is quite weird

So many blisters

By on

London’s plubs are the best thing about UK nightlife right now

(It’s a pub and a club mixed together)

By , Contributing Editor on

We asked guys whether they prefer thongs or french knickers

The finer things in life

By , Chief Reporter on

Your gluten free diet is killing the wheat industry

Bread just makes me bloat

By , Chief Reporter on

How to get into a Boiler Room DJ set

There are a few options

By , Head of Marketing on

There’s just something about girls who DJ

They exude coolness