Week 4 Football Round-Up

Downing and Girton are joint top of the first division having won all three of their matches. Get all the RESULTS and the LEAGUE TABLE here.

Every week, The Tab brings you a round-up of all the games in top-flight college football. Here’s the results and tables from Division 1.

Downing 2-0 Emmanuel

Downing retained their position at the top of the league as they won their third match on the bounce, beating Emma 2-0. After a scrappy and goalless first half Downing slowly took control after the restart. Captain Tom Marsh scored from the penalty spot before Sam Isaacs scored a brilliant individual goal – just rewards for his selfless team play throughout the match. Downing are still on course to defend the league title they won last year and are yet to drop a point.

Girton 2-1 St. John’s

Girton are currently lying second only on goal difference as they beat John’s 2-1. Girton are looking very strong this season having won all three of their matches. Meanwhile, Johns slipped to their third consecutive defeat, though the score was far better than the 6-1 drubbing they suffered last week at the hands of Fitz. Nevertheless, they should still be very worried as they have conceded twelve goals in the first three weekends.

Fitzwilliam 1-0 Christ’s

Fitz are the only other team yet to drop points, as they beat Christs by a single goal. Fitz had their first week’s match against St. Catz postponed or otherwise could very well be up at the top of the table with Girton and Downing. They are currently looking very good for the rest of the season.

Trinity 3-0 Pembroke

The only other result this week saw Trinity beat Pembroke 3-0 and move up to fifth in the table on six points. Pembroke are now one of three teams still looking for their first points of the season. The Jesus-Catz match was postponed until next weekend as both teams have byes in the first round of cuppers.

[standings league_id=3 mode=extend]

Heard something newsworthy?

, Cambridge Editor

More May Ball Madness: John’s auction two double-tickets for over ONE THOUSAND POUNDS

May Ball season has got off to a mad start

REVIEW: CUOS Short Stories

Three remarkable student-written chamber operas performed in Trinity and Jesus College Chapels.

REVIEW: Measure for Measure

Shakespeare’s meditation on vice and virtue has been marvellously brought to life by the Marlowe Society at The Cambridge Arts Theatre.

, Contributing Editor

Bankers who wear red ties are making the ultimate tacky statement

They are Donald Trumps of the financial world

, Chief Reporter

We asked a load of guys called Pablo what their lives are really like

One of them hadn’t even heard of Kanye West

, Contributing Editor

Science says there are four kinds of couple

No, one of them isn’t the ‘really irritating’ couple

, Chief Reporter

The worst thing about turning 26 is a myth – you still get a railcard

Cheap trains are still an option

Desktop WhatsApp is a gamechanger

You can be messaging all day and your boss won’t have a clue