Week 4 Football Round-Up

Downing and Girton are joint top of the first division having won all three of their matches. Get all the RESULTS and the LEAGUE TABLE here.

Every week, The Tab brings you a round-up of all the games in top-flight college football. Here’s the results and tables from Division 1.

Downing 2-0 Emmanuel

Downing retained their position at the top of the league as they won their third match on the bounce, beating Emma 2-0. After a scrappy and goalless first half Downing slowly took control after the restart. Captain Tom Marsh scored from the penalty spot before Sam Isaacs scored a brilliant individual goal – just rewards for his selfless team play throughout the match. Downing are still on course to defend the league title they won last year and are yet to drop a point.

Girton 2-1 St. John’s

Girton are currently lying second only on goal difference as they beat John’s 2-1. Girton are looking very strong this season having won all three of their matches. Meanwhile, Johns slipped to their third consecutive defeat, though the score was far better than the 6-1 drubbing they suffered last week at the hands of Fitz. Nevertheless, they should still be very worried as they have conceded twelve goals in the first three weekends.

Fitzwilliam 1-0 Christ’s

Fitz are the only other team yet to drop points, as they beat Christs by a single goal. Fitz had their first week’s match against St. Catz postponed or otherwise could very well be up at the top of the table with Girton and Downing. They are currently looking very good for the rest of the season.

Trinity 3-0 Pembroke

The only other result this week saw Trinity beat Pembroke 3-0 and move up to fifth in the table on six points. Pembroke are now one of three teams still looking for their first points of the season. The Jesus-Catz match was postponed until next weekend as both teams have byes in the first round of cuppers.

[standings league_id=3 mode=extend]

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

, Cambridge Editor

BREAKING: CUSU passes motion for NUS referendum

FINALLY we have an answer.

How to attend a supervision without doing any of the work

Hungover? Tired? Just plain lazy? We got you.

Caesarian Sunday-ers of the week

Like Clubbers of the week, but messier. Oh so messier.

Why I’ll never, ever get married

If you like it, then please don’t put a ring on it

, Assistant Editor

Things you learn when you’re in the minority that doesn’t get festivals

‘Mate can I borrow your roll mat?’

, Editor, The Tab Manchester

These are the things that made me realise I had depression

Was I depressed or just being a bitch?

, Chief Reporter

Remembering American Adventure, the closest we got to the USA in the Midlands

Horses, guns and rollercoasters. What more could you want?

, Head of Marketing

I’d rather hang out with my parents than go clubbing

Most of my friends would, too