How to pimp out your Uni room on a budget

Try hide the mould before your parents come

Living in halls can be pretty grotty when it doesn’t feel like home. Whether you’re wanting to pimp out your room for next year, or you’re eagerly waiting to become a certified Fresher, you’ll want to make your room vibey and cool af. Vamping up your room with some nifty decorating can make the world of difference so here are some ways to do it without making a dent in alcohol funds.

Buy a rug

Don’t have any carpet in your room, or the carpet is a bit dirty? Buying an inexpensive rug can make the room feel a bit cosier and comfier.

Paint or draw pictures, or find someone who can

Having art up on your walls is cool and fun. Have funky paintings or cartoons of things you like.

Put out some photographs

Photos definitely make you feel more at home. If you feel a bit lonely or sad it’s lovely to look at all the happy memories you have. Be that from times at uni or at home.

Add something unique to your room

Whether this be a childhood blanket, an interesting sculpture or a Kermit the Frog bag; having something unique in your room makes for an interesting talking point when others grace your abode.

Hang up some lights

Are you even a uni student if your walls aren’t adorned with cheap fairy lights? Plus, they provide great mood lighting; handy for when you’re bringing one night stands back.

Make your own organisers

Inspired by a Youtube video, these are a fun and cute way of organising your belongings. They can hold your makeup brushes, pencils, hair bands etc.

Put a blanket over your desk chair

An instant revival –  your shitty old desk chair looks comfier, more luxurious, but most importantly not like it’s been shagged on by hundreds of dirty freshers.

Make a reminders line

These are really handy for reminding yourself of all the things you need to get done, and they double as a nice little decoration too. When using different colours it adds a bit of fun to your room whilst remaining practical.

Buy a quirky calendar

Putin riding shirtless on a horse is a quirky conversation starter, guaranteed to get a laugh. If that doesn’t tickle your fancy, just go for one with pugs. Everyone loves pugs.