We interviewed staff in the best places on Cowley to find out what they really think about Brookes

In short, we drink a lot

Ever wondered what the bartender really think when your sport team walks in wearing nun habits? Questioned if the staff are actually friendly or just waiting for their shift to end? If so, you can relax. We’ve gone and done it for you.

The City Arms

They tend to get a bit wild but its fine! They are always kind enough, even though they get too drunk a lot of the time. Even then, they aren’t too much hassle!

Bar Aroma/The Baron

Sergiu: They tend to be a bit loud, but they’re alright. They can be quite reckless, with themselves, and with the tables and menus, but no real incidents. We’re happy to have them!

The Deli

They can be rowdy, but they’re brilliant.

The Cowley Retreat

Sam: It’s normally quite tame around here! You get to know some of the regulars which is nice, especially when you see them on a night out and they are super nice. There have been a coupe of bad experiences, but you end up serving your friends a lot of the time.

Big Society

Ashley: It can be a mixed bag. Socials coming in massive groups are a bit of a pain, but they tend to call ahead which is really polite. We wouldn’t get rid of anyone for being Brookes, and  most people are very respectful. On the whole, pretty good.

Café Tarifa

No issue with Brookes students here, if anything more should come here! There was one bad table, getting drunk and loud, and when we asked them to be respectful of the other guests, it ended with them smashing one of the guitars on the wall! Just be respectful and we have no problems.