I got paid to be injected with the Ebola virus

It’s paying for my holiday to Florida

I signed up to a study for a new vaccine to stop Ebola and they’re paying me £500 to put a dead virus in my arm.

Everyone asks why did I do it, simple. It’s an easy way to get a little extra money, and it’s paying for my holiday too. I get emails all the time offering me extra money through offering my body to medical research, and this one was too good to give up.

All I have to do is go to some appointments, give some samples and write a diary of any symptoms I might have.

My new diary

At the first appointment the clinic made sure I was healthy enough to complete the study. And they explain everything so you know that exactly what is being put in your body.

After that I was injected with the first vaccine, I didn’t have any symptoms and carried on with life as normal. The only thing that was different was that I had to monitor my temperature for 8 days afterwards along with any symptoms.

I’m still healthy

A couple of days after the vaccine I had to go back for a check up to make sure I was healthy.

I spend a lot of time going to and from hospital appointments but it’s not that bad because the clinic offer to fit them in around uni and work.

The face of a gal who just got injected with Ebola

After they inject you there’s an hour wait just in case anything goes wrong and you’re allergic to the vaccine.

Although being injected with a dead virus to help stop Ebola sounds exciting, it’s actually really boring waiting around. I just use the time to catch up on uni work.

The study itself is a year long and if you’re given the placebo it’s only three months, but you don’t find out until after that.

So bored I’m actually doing work.

It’s probably the easiest £500 i’ve ever made and because of it I’m going to Florida.

If anyone was thinking of doing a study, make sure you know exactly what you’re signing up for.

It’s actually turned into a bit of joke around my friends too, they all laugh that I’m being injected with Ebola.

Just don’t touch my arm the day after.