‘Harambe Appreciation Society’ takes freshers by storm

‘Harambe lives, in our hearts and souls’

Yesterday’s freshers fair saw the runaway success of the newly launched ‘Harambe Appreciation Society’.

Hundreds of Bristol students signed up to show their love for the deceased Western lowland gorilla, dwarfing the sign ups at other more established clubs and societies.

In a bid to boost membership numbers, the unidentified duo running the stall employed guerrilla tactics, clambering over the table, shouting “Harambe lives on in our hearts and souls” and almost destroying the neighbouring Korea Society in the process.

Having rocked up late and left early, numerous freshers missed out on the chance to join the club. Devastated historian Zach Dunnett said “I’m really gutted I missed it- unlike the bullet that got Harambe” whilst third year Hattie Freer-Smith declared “I’m bananas about him”.

It is as yet unknown how the society will operate, whether the union will be providing funding and what its purpose shall be.

Rumours however circulated of a gorilla themed drinking session featuring “more shots than Harambe took”.

Not everyone has reacted favourably to the outpouring of Harambe love. The director of Cincinnati Zoo Thane Maynard has commented: “We are not amused by the memes, petitions and signs about Harambe.

Our zoo family is still healing, and the constant mention of Harambe makes moving forward more difficult for us.”