Bristol makes top 100 in Times World Rankings

UWE came in the top 600

Bristol University has been ranked in the top 100 in the Times Higher Education World Rankings.

The rankings released today show Bristol as the 71st best university, down two spots from last year.

American Purdue University was one place ahead in 70th with Ohio State University behind at 72nd. UWE came in the top 600.

Three British universities came in the top ten in this year’s ranking, Oxford University came top of the table Cambridge was in fourth, with Imperial coming in at eighth. Seven of the ten-best universities were from America, with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology of  Zurich being the only other European university to make the top ten. 

The rankings rate universities on five key indicators: the learning environment, the volume, income and reputation of the institution’s research as well as the how influential its research is through the number of citations.

It also looks at how well knowledge is transferred into industry and evaluates its ‘international outlook’ through staff, students and research. 

You can check out the full rankings here.