Bristol University announces free tuition and scholarships for refugees

Applications for the full scholarship close on June 30th

Bristol uni has launched a scholarship scheme for refugees to allow people from asylum seeking communities free access to a degree.

Full scholarships will be offered to those who would otherwise have no access to financial support from the UK Government.

Vice Chancellor, Hugh Brady, who is “delighted to see the scheme come to fruition” says that the aim of the Sanctuary Scholarship Scheme is to break down barriers and to help refugees integrate into the community.

“We know there are factors that make it difficult for people from refugee and asylum-seeking communities to apply to university. Their previous studies may have been interrupted, they might not have evidence of their previous qualifications or their qualifications are not transferable. Our scheme has been designed to accommodate these factors, so please don’t let them stop you from applying.”

The scholarship will be granted for those wishing to study full- and part-time undergraduate degrees. However degrees such as Medicine, Veterinary and Mechanical Engineering are exempt.

Applications for Sanctuary Scholarships close on Thursday 30th June.