Bristol grad’s clothing line now worn by Daniel Craig and Leonardo DiCaprio

He probably got his his inspiration from Badock’s wavey garms

While his other friends left uni to go into jobs in law firms, Bristol grad Tom Cridland decided to set up his own clothing line and now, at only 25, the entrepreneur has just opened his first shop in Chelsea.

The former languages student used a £6000 loan to start the business a year ago and now makes profits of over £250,000.

The brand focuses on sustainable clothing that will last for 30 years and he believes it fills a gap in the market as a brand for men’s trousers. Although the 30 Year Sweatshirt has proved to be wildly popular it is the Timeless Chino range that has caught celebrity attention.

Tom at his graduation with girlfriend Debs Marx who also helps run the business

Tom asked a range of famous faces if they were interested in his trousers and it was a huge success for the business when a number of them replied that they were. The likes of Daniel Craig, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ben Stiller, Stephen Fry and Nigel Olsson (Elton John’s drummer) have all been spotted in his chinos.

Tom and Nigel Olsson (Elton John’s drummer)

With his girlfriend of six years, Debs Marx, organising the financial side and his own PR company to build his reputation, Tom has big plans for the future as he hopes to double his turnover next year and is planning a 30 Year Jacket.

When speaking about his time in Bristol, Tom told the Tab: “From the Spoons on Queens Road to Lizard Lounge to Triangle Grill, there’s no shortage of Bristolian delights that I miss terribly. In all seriousness, I cannot think of a better place to have gone to uni.

“I met my girlfriend of six years, with whom I run my business, in halls and many of my best mates come from my time there. I also never really appreciated quite how stunning Clifton is.

“I try to go back to Bristol at least once a year, as it’s a city that means a lot to me.”