‘Burglars stole five laptops while I sat in my bedroom with headphones on’

He was completely oblivious

A second year flat was burgled last week while one of them was sat in his room listening to music.

Jacob Miron was in his room in the basement studying and wearing headphones while burglars took everyone else’s laptops from their bedrooms.

The rest of the flat returned from a night out at Lakota and were horrified to find they’d been burgled.

Five laptops were taken, including four MacBooks worth over £1000 each, from the house in Redland.

Jacob told The Tab: “Everyone left around 10.30pm. At that point I was working with my headphones in in my room in the basement so couldn’t hear.

We asked the house to re-enact the robbery: There’s nothing to suggest the burglar(s) had knives

“At some point between then and about 12 someone or some people lifted up the basement window because it was slightly open.

“They sneaked past my room and then went through the other three floors of the house.

This is what it might have looked like

“They took four Macs and another laptop. I only realised something was wrong when a drunk housemate got back at 3am and asked me where her laptop had gone.

“At that point I did a quick search of the house and realised everyone’s laptops  were gone. I called the police who turned up at the same time all the people from Lakota got back around five.

No one was spared (at least the housemates can see the funny side)

“Unfortunately the police said that there wasn’t much to be done.

“Forensics came the next day to the kitchen but they said it was so messy there was no clear surfaces to find prints on.”

So far only one of the residents has managed to get a new computer, the others have not been so lucky. Redland residents are advised to keep their windows safely shut at night time.