You voted: UWE is officially the worst thing about Bristol

No surprises there

We asked you what your most hated thing in Bristol was and after considering everything from the perspiring ceilings of Motion to the tremendously useless SU, you elected your champion.

Here’s the run-down of your chosen top four:

4. Sainsbury’s at the Triangle in the late afternoon

A long morning at uni can make you peckish for a cheeky £3 meal-deal or contemplate what’s for dinner tonight. But a visit to Sainsbury’s on the Triangle at this time of the afternoon is the worst idea most of us have ever had. The legions of grammar school kids forming a queue all the way to the door will have you crying “I came here for one thing!”

3. The lack of good-looking boys

Lectures are universally good for two things and two things only: 1. For catching up on last night’s goss and 2. For hot-people-watching. But where are Bristol’s fit boys? What’s the point of even going to lectures here?

Line up ladies

2. Middle-class people who dress like they’re homeless

Why is it that to work out which students have rich parents you just have to spot the people dressed like they’re homeless? Only in Bristol can you buy a Fjallraven Kanken backpack to look extremely hipster and end up doing exactly the same as everybody else. You look like a scout in the wilderness with that thing on. Where did this trend come from?

1. Finally yes, UWE.

It’s the Oxford Brookes to our Oxford, the BTEC to our A-Level, the Basics to our Taste the Difference. Nothing disheartens us more than knowing they probably go home for Christmas and tell their friends and relatives they “go to uni in Bristol” because it sounds nicer than “the University of West England”. Over 28 per cent of you agreed UWE is the worst addition to Bristol. Why did they have to build it here?

Would you really rather be there than at Wills?

Here are all the results. Do you agree with them?