There were 84 crimes committed at Syndicate this year before it shut down

It was the most crime-ridden club in Bristol

Syndicate may be gone but the superclub still has the dubious honour of being the most crime-ridden nightclub in Bristol.

Police reports show there were 192 incidents at the club in 2014.

Between January and July of this year, there were 84 incidents, more than any other nightclub or bar.

Tucked away in an armpit of the city centre, Syndicate is widely known for its poor nights out which are mainly frequented by UWE students on a Friday and equally unpleasant locals on a Saturday.

Pryzm came second on the list of most dangerous clubs, with 150 police call-outs last year and 79 between January and July of this year. While situated in a relatively up-market area, the Harbourside nightclub has its fair share of rowdiness.

O2 Academy came next with 130 incidents in 2014, and a further 63 until July of this year. It’s no mystery why they have metal detectors when you enter.

Completing the top five were Mbargo and Thekla with 113 and 92 reports respectively in 2014.

New Year’s Eve at Syndicate: Could you not have been anywhere else?

Unbelievably, OMG and V Shed (a multi-storey bar on the Harbourside) were reported to have more police calls so far this year than either Motion or Lakota.

The most common reason for police to be called to nightclubs is anti-social behaviour. Last year there were 269 incidents of anti-social behaviour at Bristol clubs, and as of July there had been 126 incidents this year.

Drug offences in Bristol clubs appear to be on the rise. While there were only 52 incidents in all of 2014, there had been 44 this year as of July.