Second year John just devoured the biggest burrito in Bristol

He didn’t eat again for 48 hours

Second year Accountant John Fraser smashed the Mission Burrito challenge earlier this year, eating an enormous burrito in one seating and earning himself a coveted t-shirt in the process. 

When your degree at uni isn’t going well, or you’ve long stopped going to mixed lacrosse and need something to distinguish yourself from the crowd, why not gorge yourself until you’re in pain?

That’s what John did.

The Mission Burrito challenge requires you to pay for either an “El Doble” or an “El Triple” for 10 or 15 pounds, before wolfing down a burrito larger than your head. If you manage to do so without giving up or chucking up, you win yourself a t-shirt.

The ‘El triple’

An avid foodie, John opted for the “El Triple”, thinking it would be a breeze. However, he sat with his burrito for around an hour, making funny noises and clenching his stomach by the time he’d got through about half.

Despite the discomfort, John got through the equivalent of three burritos, laden with meat, veg, cheese, beans and sauce.

John going for his burrito with enthusiasm

I don’t really understand how he managed to eat the thing, or why he decided to do it in the first place. Maybe it was for the cool T-Shirt (which he essentially paid for), or to see his name appear on the ‘”lucha libre” hall of fame.

Whatever the reason, I don’t think he enjoyed the experience too much: after defeating his burrito he proceeded to nap for a worrying amount of time, as well as avoiding food for the next 48 hours.

This photo got no less than 15 likes on Facebook

Each to his own, I guess, so if you want to impress your mates, need a new pyjama top, or you have a bottomless pit for a stomach, head to Mission Burrito.