Park Street evacuated after huge ice cream shop fire

No confirmation yet on whether the ice cream melted

Park Street burst into flames last night as a fire started in the most unlikely of places – an ice cream parlour.

Five fire engines were brought to the scene and a group of police cars cordoned the street off from the Nando’s to the Will’s Memorial Building.

The flat above Kaspa’s Desserts, the scene of the fire, was evacuated with no reported injuries or problems and it has been confirmed that all residents have been able to return safely to their homes.

Collected rubbish in the AC unit of the shop has been blamed on the cause of the flames and the firemen that were called to the scene confirmed that the problem began in the kitchen.

Abdhi Hassan, an employee in the newsagent opposite the parlour expressed his incredulity: “But how can a fire start there? It’s an ice cream shop!”

Tragic

Kaspa’s Desserts claim to be able to “change the way you view desserts” and had only opened very recently. Unfortunately, anyone with a burning passion for some sweet stuff must now look for taste bud enlightenment elsewhere.