Banksy is opening an insane new theme park near Bristol

Imagine Disneyland but way more sinister

Provocative street art sensation Banksy is opening a mental new theme park called “Dismaland” near Bristol. 

The “bemusement park,” as it’s been dubbed, was described by Banksy via a press releases as “a festival of art, amusements, and entry level anarchism”.

He added: “I hope everyone  will take the opportunity to once more stand in a puddle of murky water eating cold chips to the sound of crying children.”

Dismaland is set to become the weirdest family outing ever and will be open from 22nd August – 27th September.

Irony flows like a river through the grey and dystopian park whose 18 attractions claim to offer “an alternative to the sugar-coated tedium of the average family day out”.

Additionally, Dismaland will stage live musical performances every Friday night. The schedule includes Massive Attack, Run the Jewels, Pussy Riot, Savages, Peanut Butter Wolf, and more.

Some of Dismaland’s most peculiar attractions are:

• An armor plated riot control vehicle built to serve on the streets of Northern Ireland. Equipped with sniper posts, grenade launchers and now – a children’s slide.

• A new style of Punch and Judy show with comedy referencing Jimmy Saville and 50 Shades of Grey.

• An oil caliphate themed crazy golf course made from the hockey pitch at Cheltenham Ladies College.

• And a pink, dystopian version of the Magic Kingdom’s Cinderella Castle.

The park will feature work from over 50 artists, including Damien Hirst, Jenny Holzer and Jimmy Cauty.

It’s Banksy’s biggest project since his 2011 documentary “Exit Through the Gift Shop”.

The pop-up theme park is being constructed over the remains of an old swimming centre called the Tropicana Lido, which the graffiti maverick regularly used as a child.

Banksy said: “I loved the Tropicana as a kid, so getting to throw these doors open again is a real honour.”

Dismaland will be open until September 27th. Admission is £3 and tickets can be reserved through the park’s website.