Rowing hunk still needs help to vanquish Atlantic Ocean in 2016

Looking for a partner born after February 1995

It could be the greatest physical feat of your life. If you were born after February 1995 then rowing hero Jay Olenicz has a potentially game-changing offer for you.

If you’ll be aged 18-21 by December 2016, Jay wants you to join his team and become part of the youngest pair to row any ocean.

The world record for youngest pair currently stands at 43 years and 115 days. Jay is looking for somebody “athletic and driven, with a strong desire to do this” and help him obliterate the record.

Lonely Jay needs a partner

Jay, 20, a second year physics student at Bristol, has been looking for a partner to help him conquer the mighty Atlantic Ocean for months after his previous accomplice dropped out.

The original plan was for Jay and another rower to take on the 3000 mile distance for the Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge in December 2015. Last month he issued an appeal for a new partner and he was overwhelmed by applications to partner him.

He said: “I had a lot of awesome guys respond to me, all looking to take on the challenge this year. I was amazed by the interest.

“But I realised it would be much easier to do this next year. We would still be the youngest pair to ever do it and there’d be much more time to prepare and establish a rapport with my new partner.

“This way my next partner won’t have to drop everything and I’ll have graduated from uni as well. It’s going to be easier to plan and give us a better shot of setting a new world record.

“I’m confident of finding the right partner to do this with.”

If you join Jay you’ll be faced with a daunting array of challenges: lightning, tsunamis, rogue whales, shark attacks, tennis ball sized blisters, hallucinations. To face these down and be the youngest ever to do so -would as Jay said –  “be a once in a lifetime opportunity.”

“If we do this nobody will be able to take it away from us. More people have climbed Mount Everest or travelled into space than have rowed the Atlantic Ocean.”

Jay will need a partner with a high base level of athleticism, a positive attitude and a level of mental and physical determination to put James Cracknell to shame.

If you want to help Jay contact him through his email address [email protected] or visit his website. Watch Jay talk about the challenge here.