We asked sweaty house music fans how they would stop ISIS

Drop beats not bombs

“I don’t want to comment and have my picture taken as I don’t want to be taken to Syria and slaughtered.”

ISIS means different things to different people. It’s a relatively shit song by Bob Dylan. An Egyptian goddess of the sky and protector of the dead.

But perhaps more relevantly in 2015, it’s a Salafi jihadi extremist militant group and self-proclaimed caliphate and Islamic state which is led by Sunni Arabs from Iraq and Syria.

If you want to sound pretentious, change the acronym around: ISIS, ISIL or IS – either way, they don’t a toss about what you call them. They’ve been inflicting fear all across the world, posting online videos of grotesque executions, becoming a common theme in The Daily Mail’s snapchat discovery section in the process.

I took to the seas at Thekla night club and heard what you lot thought about how we should combat Islamic State.

Tom – Builder

“I personally believe that ISIS wouldn’t be such a huge success if the media and current government didn’t exploit it as much. If we just dropped it the organisation would suffer. The fact that we publicise everything, we are doing exactly what they want us to do.”

No Name Nigel

“This is not something we can’t tackle alone. We should join all the European countries together and bomb the shit out of them.”

Nico & Dani – Students

“We need to stop funding terrorist groups. We need to stand up and recognise there are points that ISIL are trying to make. It’s pretty much our fault as we fund their weapons buy selling to them and also economically funding them through the buying of oil.”

Anon

“I’m not going to Turkey this year, I’m not going to ISIS.”

Not really the answer to the question.

Thomas – Chef

“Go to where they’re based and find where the cunts are and single them out and inflict mass OP maximum damage and pain on them. Then allow the parents of the people who ISIS murdered to do whatever they want to them. Also I think our government aren’t doing enough to help, a few air strikes are pretty shit tactics.”

Tom – Student

“I don’t know much about it, but if it wasn’t publicised as much as it is, it wouldn’t be a big thing. The news is making it bigger than it actually is and making it more of a threat.”

Hannah – Hairdresser

“Who the fuck are ISIS?”

They are a militia spreading fear across the world with public executions and posting them online, you know?

“Na, who gives a shit.”

So, there you have it. Despite everyone being intoxicated on VKs and vodka cokes, people actually knew what they were talking about and had strong views on what to do and who to place the blame on ISIS’s success.