Police hunting furious local who threw burger at McDonald’s worker

Safe to say he wasn’t lovin’ it

Police are looking for a furious McDonald’s customer who threw his burger in a cashier’s face after a bungled order.

The thug had used a drive-thru in his black BMW 5 series but was lost his temper when he was handed the wrong meal.

He marched into the branch to complain and was given a replacement Big Tasty – but then flung it into a female worker’s face.

He also swore at staff and threw his receipt at staff before storming out of the branch in Avonmead Retail Park.

You wouldn’t want to be scraping this off your face

The female worker, who wants to remain anonymous, said: “This guy was just arguing with me just because his order was wrong in the drive-thru.

“He came back in so I passed him on to my manager as I don’t get paid enough to deal with this rubbish.

“I started serving customers on the tills and he didn’t need to throw his receipt at me or even need to start swearing at me.

“As he received his burger I turned around to face the customers then, little did I know about it, but a bacon Big Tasty was in my face.”

The cashier was left to scrape off the meal from her face – bacon, cheese slices, tomato, lettuce, onion and Big Tasty sauce.

She said the incident around 11.20am on Saturday July 11 should be treated as an assault and police are investigating.

Avon and Somerset Police said: “It has been reported to us that someone went into the shop, complained about their meal and threw a burger which hit a staff member.

“It has been logged as an assault. If anyone has any information they should give us a call.”

McDonald’s said: “We can confirm an incident occurred in our Avonmead Retail Park restaurant.

“The safety of our staff is a top priority and we take incidences like this very seriously.

“While a police investigation is ongoing we cannot comment further at this time.”