Seeing as it’s Valentine’s Day, here are BU’s most tragic Tinder chat up lines

‘I’m no weatherman, but you can expect more than a few inches tonight’

Tinder is one of the most well known dating apps and its popularity has completely revolutionised dating culture as we know it. We all know someone on it (if not ourselves), and we are also very aware of its reputation. Nearly everyone on there is looking for a quick, easy hook up.

So, to honour the brave men who send ridiculous messages in the first place, I’ve collected their most embarrassing lines for your enjoyment.

So, are the boys in Bournemouth really fuckboys?

If you’re going to send a chat-up lines, please use an original one and not one that’s been featured on Lad Bible 50 times. And am I the only one with a personal vendetta against cringe-worthy emojis?

No.

Well at least he said hi first.

I don’t know what’s worse, the cringe levels of this message or the fact that nearly every word is misspelled. Either way, I wish I swiped left.

I just vommed.

Ah, isn’t romance in 2017 great?

Immediate unmatch.

At least this one made me laugh.

I was tempted to say Jaws tbh.

???? Why would you ever say this??

This was the start of a common theme.

At least take a girl out for dinner first.

Hmm… Ok. Sure.

How are you even supposed to reply to this?

The greatest love letter I’ve ever received.

Wait, I was wrong. This one’s better. Think I’ve found my future husband.

Ah yes, where all the best love connections happen…

2017 is the era of the fuckboy, let’s not kid ourselves. And whilst some are embracing hook-up cultures, I think it’s best if I delete the app. What ever happened to asking a girl out, taking her on a date and at least attempting to be romantic before sending her a dick pic? Why is “send nudes” a thing? Why were boys sending me the worlds worst chat up lines? Not cool. Would not recommend.