Every picture you’ll see on a Bournemouth Uni student’s Instagram

We’re proud of our adopted home, ok?

Beach Huts

We just love them. We’ll take pictures of the huts in every single colour just as an excuse to post them over and over again. It’s basically just a wooden shed but boy are they photogenic.

SUBU/ Fusion building

Pre 2016-2017 academic year, BU students loved a good ol’ SUBU picture. Those stairs are pretty right? Getting that upwards shot from the ground floor was the perfect platform for kicking off your photography career. But now, we’re quite frankly spoilt for choice with the addition of Fusion building. It’s the most insta-ready place you ever did see. Rooftop gardens, glass ceilings and all wood everything. Our Instas have never looked this professional. Oops, just graduated from AUB.

Sprinkles

With it’s prime location of slap bang in the middle of all the uni accommodations, it’s only a matter of time before the first years visit here. Then when you’re presented with a waffle that’s bigger than your head what do you expect other than for a photograph to be taken? It’s safe to say I got annoyed that once I went to Sprinkles and my waffle was flatter and less photo ready than normal. (Other Sprinkles products are also available). Plus, there’s one on Winton high street for the second years and over. Winning.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQLlLqNjVui/?taken-by=hayleysoen

The Beach

What’s the real reason you came to uni here? It’s because it’s a cute little seaside town isn’t it? Our beach is rated 4.5/5 stars on TripAdvisor so it’s only right that it’s plastered across our Instagrams. Take one of the sea, the sand, the pier and a few of the palm trees and you’ve successfully completed the Bournemouth beach collection.

Cocktails at Vodka Revolution or Aruba

Granted this is more one for the girls but still worth a mention. Us ladies love a cocktail night and even more so we when can share it with all of our followers. It makes splashing out £8 on a drink all the more worth it when you see those likes flocking in.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BF63GOUCvEQ/?taken-by=hayleysoen

Lost Paradise VIP

Did you even go Lost VIP if you didn’t bombard the photographer until he’s taken about 50 odd pictures of you and your pals? Grab those monkey cocktails and pose.

A photo with a Halo guest

Did you know Phil Mitchell came to a Halo Monday? The morning after you sure did. From The Chuckle Brothers to Scotty T, they’ve all been there and we’ve had photos with the lot. I think we just like to make a point that ‘celebrities’ actually know we exist. Bournemouth is a decent place, you know.

Your Cameo Wednesday fancy dress

Not in a society? Who cares! Cameo Wednesdays are the only days of the year a girl can dress like a total slut and nobody can say anything about it. (Boys too, even more so). Shit shirt, Greek God or Army Associate, we’ve seen them all but we still love to recreate. Keep ’em coming.