Brum moves up in Complete University Guide rankings

We made the top 20

CUG student survey the tab the tab birmingham the tab brum

The Complete University Guide has released their annual ranking of 127 UK universities, with Birmingham making the top 20. 

The rankings were based on student satisfaction, research quality and intensity, entry standards, student: staff ratio, degree results, as well as spending on academic and student services, and graduate prospects.

We ranked in 15th place, moving three places up from our 18th place spot last year, ahead of the likes of Leeds, Edinburgh, and York.

Cambridge and Oxford came first and second respectively, despite losing out to Birmingham in a student satisfaction survey on whatuni.

We were also pipped by Durham, St. Andrews, and UCL.

This news comes after Birmingham was hailed as the top university for graduate employment by the Times.

Editor of the Sunday Times Good University Guide, Alastair McCall, said:

“The fact that work placements are embedded in so many courses, coupled with the University’s outstanding academic reputation, makes it no surprise that Birmingham is one of the “go to” places for graduate employers.”

Birmingham has also been hailed as a fantastic uni for research, and was named University of the Year 2013-2014.

Seems like it’s a pretty good time to be a Birmingham student.