Brum dodgeball team wins gold at University Championships

They’ve won two years in a row

dodgeball love selly oak sport team the tab birmingham the tab brum UoB winners

Our dodgeball team has won gold at the University Championships for the second year running.

Last Saturday, the dodgeball team took on a number of different universities including Warwick, Nottingham and UCL and came out on top.

The teams played on home turf in Birmingham at the Doug Ellis Sports Centre in Perry Barr.

We are the champions

President of the club, Lottie Millington, told The Tab: “We won last year and we’ve been intensely training for weeks, so we were quietly confident going in to it but we knew we couldn’t underestimate the other teams as they’re all really strong sides.

“Most of our first team from last year had left and it was a relatively new team, so we’re super happy we can still achieve the same success as last year.”

And it wasn’t just the girls first team who had success at the Championships.

Lottie added: “Our boys also got two silvers and our fresher team won their qualifier and went on to get bronze, it was such a good day for everyone.”

#winning

The team are hoping to continue their streak of success in further competitions after Christmas.

Lottie added: “Next we’ve got more opens and after Christmas the leagues start. We’re just progressing up through the leagues and trying to come as highly ranked as possible in the Premier League for the Women.”

Lottie also gave some advice for any students wanting to give dodgeball a go next semester: “Get in touch with us, come along to a social session and have a go.

“It’s a really easy sport to pick up but with loads of opportunities to excel and do really well.”

This could be you next semester

Congratulations to the dodgeball team from all of us at The Tab.