Going, going, gone: Gatecrasher, Rainbow and Electric ALL closed

Thanks a lot

alcohol birmingham broad street digbeth drinking electric gatecrasher hurst street rainbow sylvester koroma violence

Three of Broad Street’s biggest clubs have been forced to close and have their licences reviewed.

Gatecrasher, Rainbow and Electric will remain shut –– one forever –– after a series of violent attacks.

In July, two men were shot and one man was stabbed in Electric, on Hurst Street, and the hotspot has been closed permanently.

Is Fab going to be the only decent night left?

Rainbow –– where Sylvester Koroma was murdered in 2013 –– has also had its licence suspended following more violence on August 9.

Broad Street highlight Gatecrasher, which has a massive 2,400 capacity, will also close for 14 days after an incident with a member of staff left a clubber with severe injuries just a few weeks ago.

The club, home to popular haunt GB Mondays, had to terminate its contract with the security firm while also conducting a root and branch review of management.

Where will we go now?

If interim steps are made and West Midlands Police are happy, the club could reopen by August 27, ahead of a full licence hearing in September.

The devastating news comes just days before what is expected to be a packed bank holiday weekend.

On Tuesday, Rainbow posted on their Facebook: “All of our venues are open this weekend as normal as we are celebrating one amazing Bank Holiday.

“However, the authorities alongside our management thought it best to put more robust procedures and polices regarding the exponential growth of the Rainbow Venues.”