Desperate appeal launched after girl raped near Walkabout

Key witnesses still haven’t come forward

birmingham girl rape victim Walkabout

Shocking CCTV footage has shown a suspected rapist carrying his unconscious victim across the road moments before he attacked her.

West Midlands Police have revealed the nine-second clip in an attempt to catch the despicable man who carried out the attack near Broad Street last year.

The 25-year-old girl left Walkabout Bar after a night out, and was approached by the suspect when walking home with her friend Kevin.

The man spoke to Kevin –– who is believed to have dwarfism –– before grabbing his victim and carrying her away around 4am on October 19 last year.

She was later found by a passer-by and police have released the CCTV to encourage witnesses to come forward.

They are still trying to contact Kevin, who has failed to come forward despite numerous efforts to reach him.

Kevin, who is believed to only be a witness in this investigation, is a white man in his 20s, with short dark hair.

Police are still searching for witness Kevin

Detective Constable Danette Calvey, of West Midlands police, said: “There will undoubtedly be people who will watch these images and wrongly judge the woman.

“It must be remembered this woman has been attacked and she has displayed remarkable courage by allowing us to release the footage.

“She hopes these new images may jog someone’s memory and their call may make the difference to her attacker being caught or left to roam the streets.”

He added: “We will not give up on finding the man who carried out the attack. We will also not give up on finding Kevin.

“CCTV shows the man carrying her across Tennant Street. Minutes later she was raped.

“The crime was reported to officers a short time later when a member of the public found the woman highly distressed. A police investigation was immediately launched.”

Anyone with any information should call the police on 101 immediately.