The Tab Belfast is looking for new writers

Get great work experience and your work read my thousands

Do you ever find yourself lost in the haze of social media, navigating through Facebook comments, trying to find a sane voice amongst the drivel? Have you ever read one of our articles and completely disagreed? Do you need some inspiration? Then come and join our team at Belfast.

We are looking for enthusiastic writers to put their opinions out there. From reporting on events that affect students in Belfast and Northern Ireland, to writing serious think pieces or light-hearted satire, there’s a place for everything student related at The Tab.

We are one of 52 teams in the UK, and 130 in the world, and play an important role in delivering the stories Belfast students want to read. We can get up to 175,000 views a month on average and you can have the chance to publish your stories on The Tab’s global page, or Babe – the fastest growing women’s site on the internet today.

Maybe you haven’t found the right society at Queens, or maybe you just want something a little more fun to do. Being a part of The Tab team allows you to let off steam while also doing something productive with your time – plus it looks great on your CV. For aspiring journalists, its invaluable relevant experience that you’ll be grateful for when you enter the post-grad panic of “no one’s gonna hire me!!!”

Here at The Tab Belfast you can take things at your own pace. You’ll be guided by the campus editor and an editor from HQ in London.

Former Tab writers have gone on to write for media juggernauts like The Telegraph, Vice, Vogue, The Times and Buzzfeed. Our best writers can also get experience at the national Tab office and at national newspapers.

We reach an audience of 8 million a month globally. The Tab continues to increase in size, popularity, and most importantly, credibility, as stories cracked by students, most recently the report of a Cambridge student burning money in front of a homeless man, have been picked up by national newspapers.

Why not be part of something bigger? If you’re interested, pitch a story idea here, or drop us a message on The Tab Belfast Facebook page.