Ulster second year’s Macbook stolen from her car in Stranmillis

The laptop contained all of her uni work

Interior Design student at UUB Tori Alexander was visiting friends when her car was broken into in Stranmillis.

Thieves took the second year student’s Macbook which contained uni work and placement applications along with specialised equipment. The theft happened on Sandymount Street sometime between 11.30pm on Wednesday and 4.30pm on Thursday.

Tori is desperate for her work back

Tori said,”I noticed on Thursday at about half 4 when I went to get my laptop out of the boot and literally stared into it for about 15 minutes so confused where it was. I couldn’t believe it, my whole uni bag with my Macbook Pro bought a few months ago and containing all my uni work from this year.

“I don’t use iCloud because I didn’t really trust it as I’ve heard so many bad things. I have some things backed up but not everything. Hours of work just gone.

“I’m getting a lot of criticism for leaving it in my car but it was locked in the boot of my car out of sight. The car was brand new 5 months ago and I’m really OCD about it. I always put the wing mirrors in and double check I lock it – especially when I’m in Belfast as my parents warn me it’s a nightmare.

“I’m a student and work two jobs to afford things I like. I don’t have rich parents who buy me everything, I buy everything myself. I pay for my own car and it took me a long time to save for the laptop – let alone all the other uni equipment that was in it, including my special pens and pencils. My new Bosch laser measurer and some sketch books.

“The work I didn’t have on memory pens I need for applying to placements. I need to apply this month for possible places starting in September.”