The drinking game you need for the poly versus posh bar crawl

One shot every time someone from UUJ suggests going back to the ‘lands

Rivalry between QUB and UUJ is a sacrament. It’s what we know.

It started on Yik Yak. We all got a Waste Management degree from UUJ for binning our exes. When someone suggested Queen’s was selected for Human Centipede 4, we thought it was hilarious. We even tried to squish the beef with recycle emojis.

But now it’s all come to one day. On Thursday, February 4th Fomo are hosting the QUB vs UUJ Bar Crawl. Finally somewhere to prove which uni is better in a way we only know how. And while you’re preparing for battle, stocking up on Buckfast or ironing your GAA tops, you may have forgotten the most important rule of the night – drink every time anything happens. So here’s the mandatory drinking game for a night as intense as this. You’re welcome.

Be more like these guys

One finger every time you get an accidental degree from Jordanstown

This can and will be applied to any situation. You sank seven jagerbombs without boking it up? Accidental degree from Jordanstown. You quickly realised you felt sick and had to run to the toilet for a tactical chunder? Accidental degree from Jordanstown. You remembered to flush the loo? Degree. You might have sick on your shirt but you’ve earned more accidental degrees tonight that a UUJ student will ever have in real life. So it’s grand.

Three fingers every time a QUB student orders Prosecco  

You didn’t even know The Egg served Prosecco until a chino wearing, blazer donning Ollie’s wanker ordered it. And here they are, sipping away as if it’s not hugely humiliating. They’re probably wearing Jack Wills undies. Drink.

Take a shot every time a UUJ student suggests going back to the Holylands

We’re on a bar crawl – no one wants to go back to your mouldy, M&M house.

Poly vs posh

Down your contraband Frosty Jacks every time a Queen’s medic tells you about their contact hours

We get it. You work hard and you have a lot of contact hours but no one here wants to hear about the catheter you worked on today or the exams you agonised over in January. Stop telling everyone you have to be in for a 9am tomorrow. We don’t care. Just drink your pint and shut the fuck up.

Two fingers every time someone from Jordanstown tells you they do HR

Everyone from Jordanstown does HR. Everyone.

Down it every time you recognise a UUJ student from the McClay 

You’ve shared many an awkward side glance in the lift, and one time they let you go first through the turnstile. You may have even smiled at each other in passing in the printer room. You never imagined they went to UUJ. You feel lied to and betrayed and therefore you must drink.

I trusted you

Every time a Queen’s law student offers you legal advice, drink their Prosecco

They’re a first year and they live in Elms. But half a pint of fizz later and they’re a high court barrister. Cuckoo’s run out of red slushie and that’s against your rights.

Drink every time someone reminds you that your Da works for their Da

It’s self explanatory.

The QUB vs UUJ Bar Crawl is this Thursday. Buy your ticket here.