Queen’s and Ulster both ranked in top ‘international universities’ in the world

Big up

QUB and UUJ have both been ranked in the top international universities in the world.

Times Higher Education created the list based on the numbers of international staff and students at a university in addition to the proportion of research papers published with at least one co-author from another country. Queen’s Belfast was ranked number 24 on the list of 200, while Ulster University came in at number 120. 28 countries are represented in the top 200 in total.

The UK had the most entries on the list with 39 universities named, followed by Australia with 24 institutions listed. Taking the number one spot is Qatar University. It’s followed by the University of Luxembourg, with the University of Hong Kong in third place. Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne in Switzerland takes fourth and University of Geneva, also in Switzerland, rounds out the top five.

Imperial College London (10th), University of Oxford (18th – tied), University College London (18th – tied), King’s College London (20th), University of Essex (21st), London School of Economics and Political Science (22nd) and Queen Mary University of London (23rd) are the only universities in the UK to rank higher than Queen’s – and none of them have as much craic.