No matter what you say, Thompsons is actually a good night out

It’s a lifestyle choice

It’s more than a nightclub, It’s a way of living. There is really no place like it.

As far as the nightlife in Belfast goes, you’ll struggle to find a place as unique as Thompson’s Garage.Thompson’s recently celebrated its 20th birthday, for three years of those 20 that I’ve been around I can honestly admit that it’s like a home away from home for me. If something was that bad, it’d be dead and buried before now. And so what if it’s located up an alley? So was Olivander’s Wand Shop and that’s nothing near as magical as Thompson’s.

Thompson’s won’t crush my dreams for trying to be Neymar

Joining the queue and hearing the bass pumping from inside gives you goosebumps, and the people in the queue are some of the friendliest you’ll ever meet – you can’t have a conversation slagging what someone else is wearing on your way into Ollie’s. And the choice of music, whether it be house, EDM, or Hip Hop/R&B you desire to listen to, Thompson’s has your back. It’s like the older brother you never had growing up. Where else can you see a world famous DJ for slightly above club admission price? KDA played Thompson’s while he was UK number one, not to mention Philip George, Format:B, Leftwing & Kody, Nina Kraviz etc with Wankelmut booked to join the illustrious list – I could go on for hours listing them off.

The delights of Thompson’s don’t stop there, you would feel as much at home in an Adidas top there as you would in a trench coat. Who needs a dress code anyway? It gives people who don’t want to be an Ollie’s blazer wanker the chance to express their inner Lionel Messi dressing in an Adidas top.

Having stocked up on my £6 potions

In terms of price, a double vodka with an alcopop as your mixer is £6, yeah. So is the Union. A double vodka and red bull is £5 in most nightclubs anyway, paying an extra pound and getting Smirnoff Ice as a mixer is a no brainer.

When you’re at the Thompson’s smoking area, it’s as if all the other smoking areas have died and you’re in smoking area heaven. The craic and characters that are found there are more than unique. I’ve had many heartfelt conversations in the Thompson’s smoking area – not that I remember many of them.

I’ve had many heartfelt conversations in the Thompsons smoking area – not that I remember many of them

Thompson’s is honest with you, it doesn’t pretend to be classy and it’s not judgemental. It accepts you for who you are, and the people inside do too. It is more than a nightclub, it’s a way of life. Yes, I’ll admit, the first time I went to Thompson’s, I wasn’t its biggest fan, but once I got Thompson’s fever there was no curing me. After 20 years of being around, I guess you could say it’s the club who lived. Now I’m Thompson’s for life.