Class of 2015, here are your Holyland highlights for this year

It’s been real

So that’s it over for another year. As you load up your car and half-heartedly clean your damp ridden house in a desperate attempt to salvage some of your deposit back from your crooked landlord you leave the Holylands behind for the summer.

You stare out the window of your departing car at an unusually peaceful Holylands with Wiz Khalifa’s “See You Again” booming out of your radio and a tear fighting to escape from the captivity of your eyes. As you ponder on the crazy adventures of the past year you can’t help but crack a smile and be a little thankful that you made it out alive.

Now we’re free, we’ve been collecting your heartwarming stories. From Agincourt to Rugby, from Palestine to the Hatfield, here are your 2014/15 Holyland highlights.

and where better to start than with a young first year who left the safety of his elms apartment to venture into the jungle of the Holylands on the craziest day of the year, St Patricks day.

Astrophysics fresher Eunan McShane left the safety of Elms to venture into the jungle of the Holylands on the craziest day of the year – March 17th. He started his morning with a fry and a Budweiser. emptied every book from his bag and filled it with vodka mixers.

Euan says: “We floated about all the houses with each party getting crazier as everyone got drunker. I found myself in a competition where I had to kick a football into a washing machine. I witnessed a guy rip off his own radiator. We went to Agincourt to see the house were for living in next year and the street was just bouncing. It was unbelievable I can’t wait to go back.”

The ecstasy of the day seems to have made time speed it. Euan said: “It was suddenly 2am and I was still there, it was mental. Fortunately I managed to pull so it was sweet”. Some would say a perfect end to a perfect day.

But arguably just as crazy as St Patrick’s Day in the Holylands is Halloween. This year, it was ripe with tales.

Young Brendan McNally was fresh faced and wide eyed when he travelled up to the Holylands in his new super hero “Beer Man” costume and a litre bottle of vodka clutched to his hand.

Wide-eyed Brendan said: “I drank the bottle in under four hours and was running about my mates kitchen trying to get my cape to flick up behind me because I thought it would look cool for some reason. I fell about three or four times and we decided to go to a different party but I was only there for half an hour as one of the fiery female residents was not happy with my drunken-self and kicked me out. I was in bed by 10 o’clock”.

On that same fateful Halloween night Law third year Pearse McFlynn impressed many with his Braveheart costume, screaming “FREEDOM” at the top of his lungs. He said: “My night only got worse when I got kicked out of the nightclub and found myself locked outside my house on Carmel Street in a drunken state.” Such was the logic of his intoxicated mind he put his wallet and phone through his own letter box to prevent himself from being “mugged” – genius.

QUB students and partners in crime Eimhear Kearny and Claire McGill’s fondest memory is of turning their standard Holylands house party into a PE class.

Eimhear said: “We’d just had a house party and decided to finish it by having a race. We were racing down Rugby wearing standard running gear of jeans and Converse and I just faceplanted. Didn’t think to put my hands out, and lay there for about two minutes hoping no one had seen. Everyone kept saying ‘fuck she’s dead’ and tried helping me up and practically carrying me back home. I had to get six stitches, and I still had them in for St Patrick’s Day, so I just improvised by painting them green white and orange.”

As sad as it is leaving the Holylands for the whole summer, after reading this you will maybe appreciate that a bit of time to recover might not be such a bad thing.