We got trashed at Varsity – but we’re still better than Bangor

Here are the full results

So overall, Aberystwyth didn’t do too well overall in Varsity competition against Bangor, however there is a strange trend of the university winning over whoever is hosting the event. 2017 will be our year.

It was a day of sports and rivalry (both on pitches and YikYak…) where we graciously lost and had lots of fun and sporting banter. Here are a few reviews of the day from different teams.

Fencing team: Aber-121 :  Bangor-135, with their #StefanSocks

“Both teams fenced really well, with the scores being tightly fought. The teams seemed quite evenly matched, but a few bouts just didnt go our way in the end, which put winning a little too far out of our reach, but I’m really proud of the way everyone fenced,” said Sam Forster.

Riding – Aber won!

“We all worked together helping coach each other through the day and our all our hard work and training paid off this year I’m so proud of the team” – Kelly-Ann Challinor (Team A)

“Aber had a triumphant win with both teams placing first and second! (Aber A first and aAber B second) It was a really enjoyable day and everyone had fun – Eluned Vickers (Team B)

Some of Aber’s Cheerleading team were more focused on puppies than watching the football

“Cheer had an enjoyable weekend winning overall and well done to Bangor for wining the level 3. We clearly improved more from the FC results as we were more confident and more prepared” – Jack Reed