Seafront lounge closed for refurbishment until 24th March

Now we have to go up the hill to procrastinate

Laura Place, the only 24/7 computer facility in town, has been temporarily shut down down.

Some students have stayed behind in our ghost town this holiday in order to power through dissertations or to churn out essays, but they will have to do it at home, since Hugh Owen is not open 24/7 and Laura Place in town is shut for refurbishment.

Although many have gone home for Easter, some students are still in Aber writing dissertations and essays.

At least it’s only temporary

For those students in town who are as dependent on the lounge as campus students are on PJM or Rosser this isn’t good news, with deadlines quickly approaching students don’t have the time to go up and down the hill to use a computer.

As if that wasn’t bad enough, Hugh Owen is not open 24 hours over the Easter break, limiting student’s precious library time to a few hours per day.

Where are we meant to go now?

All is not lost however. Whilst, on campus, PJM and Rosser still offer a safe haven for those students pulling their hair out with stress or desperate to have contact with other students. Moreover, the Old College offers a place of solitude and peace for students in town, even if it does lack computers.

What is more, it’s nice to see the university has taken the time and money to refurbish the previously decrepit site, hopefully it’ll be raised to campus standards. It also isn’t closed for long meaning any suffering doesn’t last too long.