New student night launches at Unit 51

It’s gonna be a big one

New Aberdeen club Unit 51 has already hosted its fair share of bangin’ events and gigs since its opening last October, but they’ve only just got started.

On Friday the 3rd February, Unit 51 are launching their weekly student night, ‘Yonkers’.

Unit 51 is on Carnegies Brae, right opposite an already fave amongst Aberdonian students, Tunnels. The new weekly event promises a hip-hop extravaganza every Friday, from the old-school hits you’re not embarrassed to know every single word of, to new up and coming bangers.

‘Yonkers’ will see Unit 51 properly decked out, with a half-pipe with boarders, live graffiti and special drink promos. There will also be merch stalls and, even better, hundreds of free t-shirts and hats being given away every Friday.

PR for the club JP told the Tab: “Since we launched 51 we have been really excited to launch our first student night. Wondering what to wear? Dig out your Kangol Hats // Nike Jordan’s & get ready to get down.”

Entry on the door will be £6, but advance tickets can be bought at a cheaper price from Skiddle if you’re smart.

For more info, guest list and lil Yonkers teasers, visit the Facebook page, and get ready to be poppin’ and lockin’ at the newest student experience Aberdeen’s nightlife has to offer.