This guy asked a girl to prom with a Trump themed ‘Make America Great Again’ invitation and people are getting angry

tips

babe  • 

God I hate prom season

I don’t know much about prom. What I know about prom I learned from bad teen movies like Never Been Kissed or Carrie, where prom never goes so well. In those films the form their prom invitation takes is a cruel joke from the most popular guy in school which ultimately leaves them humiliated and heartbroken. It turns out though that in real life, prom invitations can sometimes be even more dramatic than that.

Last week Jenna Alvey, from Arizona, tweeted about how she’d been asked to prom by friend Zach Bereton with a Trump themed ‘Make America Great Again’ invite.

Zach wore a Donald Trump shirt, hat and held flowers and a sign to ask Jenna to prom, and she tweeted “how could I not say yes!”, adding “I got super excited, hugged him, said thank you, and was super happy but I mean am I not supposed to be when getting asked to prom?”

Understandably, reactions online were pretty mixed to say the least.

Defending the Trumposal one person wrote: “Jenna you guys are so cute and that was a super cute way of getting asked.”

Jenna however, seemed unfazed by the backlash. She later proudly posted her photos with Zach and said she had an amazing night despite the fact that “Twitter may hate them right now”.

In another tweet she added: “Still trying to see how Zach asking me to prom affects anyone but us?? But to the 200+ who commented, I’m sorry this was so traumatic for you.”

babe reached out to Jenna and Zach for comment. Jenna hasn’t replied buy Zach told us: “I’m not gonna [talk about it] because prom’s over now so it don’t matter. Nah why do yoh care [sic].”

Cool.

@rosielanners