Literally just a list of the funniest of those Meryl Streep singing memes because they give my life meaning

tips

fads  • 

This is art

There are few good things left in this world. Even as we move into spring with the atmosphere of a new season to bring us out of our winter slump, it’s still pretty rainy and cold and it’s hump day and arguably miserable.

But luckily we still live in a world with some good things – for instance, Meryl Streep. Meryl Streep, actress, singer, icon, and now meme. This picture of Meryl at the 2015 SAG awards has been made into a meme through the magic of the internet, and I’m so proud to see it. I’m so proud to see it.

Of the memes 2017 has given us so far (salt bae, white guy blinking), Meryl is, as in all aspects of her life, by far the best. Which explains why they have consumed the internet with the fiery intensity of a thousand suns. You will not have been able to log into Twitter, Tumblr or Instagram this past week without seeing Meryl’s ecstatic singing face. Which is excellent. It’s made the internet a better place.

Here I have curated the best of these Meryl memes for you to enjoy. Happy hump day.

BONUS ROUND: Here’s CNN explaining the concept of a meme to its Cocoon-era audience just because I think it’s funny. Bless ’em.

@rosielanners