The misogynistic politician who said ‘weaker’ women should earn less has been suspended without pay

tips

babe  • 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The European Parliament has suspended a Polish politician without pay after his misogynistic comments during a debate on the gender pay gap went viral.

Janusz Korwin-Mikke said that it made sense for women to be paid less because they are “weaker, smaller and less intelligent”. He will now be suspended from parliamentary activities for 10 days, forfeit politicians’ daily subsistence allowance for 30 days and be banned from representing the legislature for a year, according to parliament president Antonio Tajani.

In footage of the debate, which was viewed by millions of people, Spanish politician Iratxe Garcia Perez was seen looking bewildered and disgusted following Mikke’s claim that there are no women among the world’s top 100 chess players.

She says: “According to what you’re saying and your theory I wouldn’t have the right to be here as a member of parliament. I know you’re very upset and very concerned about the fact we women can represent citizens on an equal footing with you.

“I think I need to defend European women against men like you.”

74-year-old Mikke, who represents a radical right-wing party, defended his comments following the debate, saying: “A shorter man earns less than a tall man. The blonde earns more than a brunette. They are different, and it should not be equalised.

“Of course they are less intelligent by several points on the IQ scale. There is no doubt on that.”

Speaking about the “unprecedented severity” of his sanctions, parliament president Tajani said: “I will not tolerate such behaviour. By offending all women, he displayed contempt for our most fundamental values”.

@rosielanners