A selection of female celebrities who have posed topless and are thus no longer feminists

tips

pop  • 

Including Emma Watson

By now you will surely have heard the sad news. Emma Watson, UN ambassador and outspoken feminist posed topless recently for Vanity Fair, and now we must all wave goodbye to her because she’s had her feminist card revoked forever for showing skin.

What the Emma Watson photoshoot raises awareness of is the fact that you just cannot be a feminist and expose any part of your body! It is obscene and insane and as everyone knows, posing naked or displaying any ownership of your body, where you show it, what you put on it and what you do with it, means you’re absolutely not a feminist.

That’s just how it works, apparently.

Emma Watson

Speaking about the controversy surrounding her disgusting partially covered breasts Emma said: “It just always reveals to me what a – how many misconceptions there are and misunderstanding there is.

“Feminism is about giving women choice. Feminism is not a stick with which to beat other women with. It’s about freedom. It’s about liberation. It’s about equality.

“I really don’t know what my tits have to do with it. It’s very confusing. I’m confused. Most people are confused. I’m always just kind of quietly stunned.”

What a fool.

Keira Knightley

Keira Knightley was banned from ever being a feminist following her topless shoot with acclaimed photographer Patrick Demarchelier in Interview magazine.

She made it clear she would only do the 2014 shoot if the image was unedited to promote body positivity. Speaking at the time she said: “That [shoot] was one of the ones where I said: ‘OK, I’m fine doing the topless shot so long as you don’t make them any bigger or retouch.’ Because it does feel important to say it really doesn’t matter what shape you are.”

Obviously she was wrong and here is a woman telling her she was wrong for showing her boobs and promoting body positivity.

Chrissy Teigen

As a model Chrissy Teigen has posed nude many a time because it’s you know part of her job, most recently sharing this photo of her naked backstage ahead of her new Sports Illustrated shoot last month.

Just a typical press day with @mj_day for the launch of @si_swimsuit 2017!!

A post shared by chrissy teigen (@chrissyteigen) on Feb 16, 2017 at 10:52am PST

Chrissy thought that she could share this snap because it’s part of her career but she was quickly branded “too skinny” and “attention-seeking” on social media. One person wrote in the comments underneath: “Wow put some clothes on. You’ll go so far for some publicity.”

Another wrote: “Why do all these women always have to take they’re clothes off… At least this one is kinda funny and can cook I guess.”

Goodbye to having any say on politics or feminism in future Chrissy, you have been photographed naked and must be cast out.

Emily Ratajkowski

Last year Emily, who rose to fame when she appeared in the video popular musical creep Robin Thicke, posed naked with Kim Kardashian to illustrate ownership of their own bodies, subvert the male gaze and show solidarity with Kardashian, who had already been attacked for posting nude pics, but were promptly branded “slappers” and “hypocrites” for it.

When we're like…we both have nothing to wear LOL @emrata

A post shared by Kim Kardashian West (@kimkardashian) on Mar 30, 2016 at 11:57am PDT

Explaining her actions Emily said: “A selfie is a sort of interesting way to reclaim the gaze, right? You’re looking at yourself and taking a photo while looking at everyone. But also who cares?”

She’s also said in the past: “Our society tells women we can’t be, say, sexy and confident and opinionated about politics. This would allow us too much power.

“Instead our society asks us to declare and defend our motivations, which makes us second-guess them, all while men do what they please without question.”

Doesn’t sound too smart to me!!

Sad to see it go xx

Miley Cyrus

Some people think that Miley Cyrus, while divisive, is a positive figure showing young girls that you can own and celebrate your own body and sexuality and look however you want. Other people though, see that sometimes Miley Cyrus posts pictures like this and is therefore stupid and not a feminist.

Earlier this year Cyrus walked in the Women’s March on Washington and openly supports Planned Parenthood but who cares right? She got her tits out.

Kim Kardashian

Here is a picture of Kim Kardashian naked.

#liberated

A post shared by Kim Kardashian West (@kimkardashian) on Mar 7, 2016 at 10:21pm PST

Kim Kardashian turned a breach of her consent and privacy (a sex tape) into an empire worth billions. She is a wife, mother and business woman. More importantly, she has boobs. Before you fall into the trap of thinking that Kim can do both – be sexy and be powerful, choose how we see her body for herself, here are just a few of the articles written on how she is absolutely not allowed to do that because it’s bad for feminism. The more you know eh.

Demi Lovato

In 2015, much like Emma Watson, Demi Lovato was lured away from feminism and into doing a nude shoot for Vanity Fair. The shoot was spontaneous, Lovato wore no make-up and the images were unedited.

Speaking about her decision to do the shoot she said: “What does it mean to be confident? It means letting go, being authentic, saying I don’t give a fuck and this is who I am. I want to show the side of me that’s real, that’s liberated, that’s free. What if we do a photo shoot where it’s totally raw? Super-sexy, but no makeup, no fancy lighting, no retouching, and no clothing. Let’s do it here, let’s do it now.”

It’s so cool that she managed to do something empowering with – oh no wait. False alarm, she’s not a feminist she’s just a slut.

And if not of that seems ridiculous enough for you here is a discussion in internet forum AskMen where the men of AskMen debate whether women can get their tits out and still be feminists. I hope for all of our sakes that they discover the answer soon.

@rosielanners