People are dragging Zara for their ridiculous ‘love your curves’ ad campaign which uses rail thin models

tips

babe  • 

There was an attempt

Today in ‘you didn’t really think this through though did you’ it’s Zara and their “love your curves” ad campaign. First of all, loving your curves is great, the message of body positivity Zara are ostensibly sending out is a good one. The problem is not with loving your curves. The problem is, well, try to work it out for yourself.

Zara has chosen two tiny models to promote their love your curves campaign, and understandably people on Twitter think it’s hilarious and ridiculous all at once.

The poorly judged ad was spotted earlier today in Dublin by Irish radio presenter Muireann O’Connell, and has been retweeted and liked thousands of times this afternoon. Singer Camilla Kerslake replied: “Maybe they’re just trying to be SUPER ironic?”

Another woman wrote: “Dread to think what the skinny fit models look like.”

Muireann, avoiding bodyshaming the skinny models and instead focusing attention – justifiably – on the creative team behind the ad, wrote: “It’s not the models fault. The marketing & art dept of Zara are assholes.”

Echoing everyone’s sentiment of “how the fuck did this get past an entire marketing team without anyone pointing out how stupid it looked”, Muireann later added: “How didn’t anyone on their marketing team go… ‘Lads, lads, how about we don’t piss people off?'”

It’s a mystery, really.

When contacted a member of staff at Zara’s Dublin story told babe: “They’ve been in store for quite a while, we have them in every season, ‘curve’ trousers. No one has ever complained about them before.”

@rosielanners