Revealed: All the drugs seized from SGP this weekend

It’s double from last year’s festival

betweenthelines75

From Between the Lines: what you really need to know about drugs, a special report by The Tab.

A total of 2068 stashes were seized over the weekend at the Secret Garden Party in Cambridgeshire, and 26 people were arrested for drug supply offences. We broke down the figures to get an idea of how much this all cost. 330 stashes of Cannabis (£3,300) were taken and 869 tablets of MDMA (around £2,607) were also amongst the list of festival finds, making pills the drug of choice. This shot up from last year, where 521 pills were seized by police.

170 grams of cocaine were confiscated, up from 96 last year, with a rough street value of £7,140. Ketamine was more popular though, with 189 one gram bags being seized by police and on-site security, rising from 101 in 2015, totalling almost £3,700.

The cheaper losses were the 22 LSD blotters snatched, the 61 grams of Resin, 264 Benzo’s and 54 Xanax pills. 401 seizures estimated at a combined estimated total of £3,334.

Overall, over £20,000 worth of drugs were detected and confiscated by the police using drug detector dogs and public engagement over the course of the festival. Cambridgeshire police released the figures exclusively to The Tab. An increase in organised crime dealing this year likely related to the good weather, after last year’s washout.